CD Tour... Officially renamed: Tour de Floyd 2013 : Officially over, darn it.

srclose

Re: CD Tour...
« Reply #120 on: 1 Apr 2013, 07:39 pm »
E-mailed current info.  Should be the same as before.

Stephen

Charles Xavier

« Reply #121 on: 1 Apr 2013, 08:14 pm »
OK.  Blake has the discs.  Let's all have a moment of silence for him:  this ain't easy.

The next person in line is Gary - Jn316'

Have fun!!!

Dave

Are you doing this in random order ? I can wait ... just asking.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #122 on: 1 Apr 2013, 08:36 pm »
Are you doing this in random order ? I can wait ... just asking.
No Evan, I'm not.  I did screw up the order by missing Mike in the cycle.

Rollo and Triode Pete are neighbors - that accounts for the logistcs and saving me $5.00  :|

I got some people via email early on that wanted in and Gary (jn316) is one of them.  They are in order by shipping.  I need to rearrange the first page post of the order to correct it for real order.

My apologies to Mike Eastman.  I blew it there.

Dave

mikeeastman

« Reply #123 on: 1 Apr 2013, 10:30 pm »
Thats ok Dave I've been married for over 25 years, so I'm used to being forgotten  :lol:

Mike

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #124 on: 2 Apr 2013, 12:54 am »
Being married is okay when you're asleep so count your blessings.

blakep

« Reply #125 on: 5 Apr 2013, 04:57 pm »
Just arrived today. Will listen, report and get them travelling again on Monday.  :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #126 on: 5 Apr 2013, 05:06 pm »
Being married is okay when you're asleep so count your blessings.
   :lol:

Gayle and I have been together for 47 years and married for 44 of those.  Good woman  There are those times, though......

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #127 on: 5 Apr 2013, 05:07 pm »
Just arrived today. Will listen, report and get them travelling again on Monday.  :thumb:
Cool, Blake.  Remember to give your ears some time to recover between sessions.  This is not easy....   :?

Dave

blakep

« Reply #128 on: 5 Apr 2013, 07:26 pm »
Cool, Blake.  Remember to give your ears some time to recover between sessions.  This is not easy....   :?

Dave

I actually have a bit of experience with this. I'll be embarrassed if I can't pretty much nail it with about an hour maximum listening in total to the 3 discs. We'll see  :lol: .

blakep

« Reply #129 on: 6 Apr 2013, 08:13 pm »
Well it took me a lot longer than the hour I was expecting-I probably ran out of gas around the 2-3 hour mark in total taking a few breaks in between.

Not actually that confident on discerning the differences with these discs as well-that will teach me to open my mouth up early  :duh:.

Just about to send my "results" off to Dave and then will forward the discs on Monday!

dflee

« Reply #130 on: 7 Apr 2013, 02:34 am »
Another one bites the dust!
Man has this been fun to be a part of. Thanks again to Dave
for bringing this group together for a great experience. Welcome to the club blakep.

Test Dummy
Don

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #131 on: 7 Apr 2013, 02:43 am »
Well it took me a lot longer than the hour I was expecting-I probably ran out of gas around the 2-3 hour mark in total taking a few breaks in between.

Not actually that confident on discerning the differences with these discs as well-that will teach me to open my mouth up early  :duh:.

Just about to send my "results" off to Dave and then will forward the discs on Monday!
I told you guys that this is work.  Thing is that we are getting data.  Very interesting data.

Dave

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #132 on: 7 Apr 2013, 04:49 am »
   :lol:

Gayle and I have been together for 47 years and married for 44 of those.  Good woman  There are those times, though......

Dave
You've been married to that beautiful, young lady for 44 years??? :o???  You must have married her just out of 7th grade. 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #133 on: 7 Apr 2013, 02:55 pm »
You've been married to that beautiful, young lady for 44 years??? :o???  You must have married her just out of 7th grade.
Robbed the cradle, did I.

It's her birthday today, too.  I guess that makes her 48...........

:D

Dave

medium jim

« Reply #134 on: 7 Apr 2013, 03:02 pm »
Robbed the cradle, did I.

It's her birthday today, too.  I guess that makes her 48...........

:D

Dave

Congrats!

Jim

dflee

« Reply #135 on: 7 Apr 2013, 04:14 pm »
Please wish her Happy Birthday for us.

blakep

« Reply #136 on: 16 Apr 2013, 02:17 am »
Just checked the tracking on these and the CD's are in the destination city; next tester should have them in 24-36 hours I would imagine  :).

jn316

« Reply #137 on: 16 Apr 2013, 04:20 am »
Just checked the tracking on these and the CD's are in the destination city; next tester should have them in 24-36 hours I would imagine  :).

They arrived today. I'll be loading them on my mac mini and sending them to the next person...probably tomorrow. Email sent your way Dave for the shipping address.

Gary

dflee

« Reply #138 on: 16 Apr 2013, 02:52 pm »
Is there a way you can run a test to see if the download is any different then the cd? It would be interesting to know if there is a change between in any of the three compared to the cds.

medium jim

« Reply #139 on: 16 Apr 2013, 03:19 pm »
Is there a way you can run a test to see if the download is any different then the cd? It would be interesting to know if there is a change between in any of the three compared to the cds.

Wouldn't that violate the premise of a true blind test?

Jim