GO CARDS, 2013 SUGAR BOWL CHAMPS

ebag4

GO CARDS, 2013 SUGAR BOWL CHAMPS
« on: 3 Jan 2013, 05:39 am »
A shout out to my Louisville Cardinals, 2013 Sugar Bowl Champs.  They defeated the No. 3 SEC Florida Gators 33-23 on the arm of future Heisman Trophy Candidate Teddy Bridgewater!!

GO CARDS!!!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: GO CARDS, 2012 SUGAR BOWL CHAMPS
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2013, 05:57 am »
Yeah, it was a great game.  I had no horse in it pregame, but found myself rooting wildly for the underdog Louisville.  The Gators looked like the just wanted to get back on the bus halfway through the fourth quarter after they missed the two point conversion.  The Cardinals took the fight right out of them, welcome to the ACC.

decal

Re: GO CARDS, 2013 SUGAR BOWL CHAMPS
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2013, 01:24 pm »
I had to listen to my Fiance bitch all night, she's a Gator fan :bawl:. My Seminoles won :thumb: but they were supposed to. It took them long enough to get started,huh?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2013, 04:02 pm »
Florida players looked bigger, but the Cards looked faster.

Bad match up for Florida or so much for the rankings? 

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2013, 04:18 pm »
Bad match up for Florida or so much for the rankings?

Florida came out flat assuming they would easily roll the Cards, who were pumped up and ready to play.  When they tried to turn it on, they we're making the plays, hadn't exerted their dominance over the Louisville D-line in the run game, have a sophomore QB who didn't show leadership, and were so far behind they had to get out of their running game comfort zone.  In the end Florida lost the game by not being prepared, but credit to Louisville for being ready to take the opportunity.