JRiver/Foobar and USB DAC

shadowlight

JRiver/Foobar and USB DAC
« on: 9 Dec 2012, 03:57 pm »
Hello,

I am currently using Logitech Touch to stream music and looking to get into computer audio.  I have a old Tascam US144 that I tried to use to play the same music library that I play with Touch and every 30 to 35 seconds the music either pauses or starts making funny noises.  I tried both JRiver and Foobar.  I think I am missing some settings for the player or windows 7.  I setup JRiver with the same configuration that ted_b documented in the CAPS server thread, also tried configuration listed by Wavelength, Wyed4Sounds, Ayre and Benchmark.

Setup - HP Pro 4530s laptop, 4GB of Memory, Windows x64 with all the latest patches
Music library is located on a second system in study, which is also active as Logitech Media server.

Will borrow my daughter's laptop which has 8GB (my old one) and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: JRiver/Foobar and USB DAC
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2012, 05:59 pm »
shadowlight,
Have you tried loading the TASCAM device driver on the MS-1?  The latest Windows 7 64 bit version is 2.02 from the website.  The latest firmware is for the US-144 looks like 1.12

Load the driver first, then connect the US-144 after it loads.  Use the right side USB port looking at the MS-1 from the front.

Just use the Library->Configure->Outputs to select the WASAPI Event style output or ASIO driver depending on which the TASCAM drive supports.

Just a thought.

shadowlight

Re: JRiver/Foobar and USB DAC
« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2012, 09:27 pm »
I think the problem is with my computer and USB DAC's.  Also, I prefer not to mess up the MS1 setup with Transient  :nono: by trying to get the Tascam functioning on MS1.  I have 2 more systems to try it on.  If it works great if not no big deal.