Pacquiao Gets His Clock Cleaned

dB Cooper

Pacquiao Gets His Clock Cleaned
« on: 9 Dec 2012, 06:09 am »
haven't seen it yet, but was following the live blog on ESPN and apparently Manny got careless after hurting Marquez and got knocked cold by a counter he didn't see. Apart from Marquez finally getting his definitive win, the big effect of this fight is probably THE PACQUIAO MAYWEATHER FIGHT IS AS DEAD AS ELVIS.

Looking forward to the replay. Who saw this live?

vortrex

Re: Pacquiao Gets His Clock Cleaned
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2012, 06:13 am »
saw it.  pacman was out COLD for a long time without moving.  he looked dead.

mjosef

« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2012, 06:22 am »
Good win for Marquez, he deserved this.
I will be seeing the replay next week.

Bad omen when Mr. Ektasketch rubs flesh with you just before a bout.  :nono:

Dimfer

« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2012, 06:43 am »
he was giving Marquez a serious beating, then he got caught trying to finish him off.. he was leading in the judges' scorecards in the previous rounds and was winning the round, got caught in final 2 seconds of the round. both fighters fought a good fight, both scored a knockdown earlier in the fight.

there's gotta be a 5th installment to this.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 9 Dec 2012, 06:52 am »
N/T

medium jim

« Reply #5 on: 9 Dec 2012, 07:04 am »
Marquez was raped last time out...no doubt this time!

Jim

vortrex

« Reply #6 on: 9 Dec 2012, 07:26 am »

dB Cooper

« Reply #7 on: 9 Dec 2012, 02:24 pm »
Didn't look hard enough to do that, just that it was perfectly placed, perfectly timed, and Manny never saw it coming. (Wasn't even watching for a possible return punch from the looks of it.)  Floyd probably crapped himself when he saw it. Way to let the biggest grossing fight in history slip right through your hands, Manny.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #8 on: 9 Dec 2012, 02:41 pm »
It was a good fight as long as it lasted.  From a different camera angle you can see that Manny walked into a strong overhand right that he didn't see coming. 

I wonder how this version of Marquez would do against Mayweather...

As always the fight can be seen here:http://sweetboxingvideos.wordpress.com/

Could I suggest not putting spoilers in thread titles?  I came on AC as I was waiting for the fight to download and saw the title of this thread...

jimdgoulding

« Reply #9 on: 9 Dec 2012, 03:28 pm »
In the highlights I saw, Manny throws a straight left and you can see that Marquez is timing his right to meet him coming forward.  He just misses but Manny is no smarter for it.  Next time, Marquez connects.       

vortrex

« Reply #10 on: 9 Dec 2012, 06:00 pm »
Didn't look hard enough to do that, just that it was perfectly placed, perfectly timed, and Manny never saw it coming. (Wasn't even watching for a possible return punch from the looks of it.)  Floyd probably crapped himself when he saw it. Way to let the biggest grossing fight in history slip right through your hands, Manny.

I don't understand the logic.  floyd has made a career off fighting big names once they have started to slide a bit.  if he ever had the idea of fighting pacman, I'm sure he sees this as the time.  there's a reason why he wouldn't take the fight when pacman was killing everyone.

pacman can't win.  people complain when he starts fighting smarter and going the distance and now he returns more to his old wild attacking style and people still complain.  I thought he looked great in the fight and was winning up until the KO.

roscoeiii

« Reply #11 on: 9 Dec 2012, 06:14 pm »
The key part:

up until the KO.

vortrex

« Reply #12 on: 9 Dec 2012, 06:23 pm »
The key part:

exactly, I am glad JJM won.  hopefully there is a 5th fight, which they both agreed to in the post fight.

dB Cooper

« Reply #13 on: 9 Dec 2012, 06:26 pm »
vortrex: This isn't like being hosed in the highly debatable "defeat" against Bradley. Manny gave away all of his bargaining power with this spectacular KO loss. Watch him get dropped from all the PFP lists. (Yes, Floyd wants a faded Manny; he's lost a step himself judging from the Cotto fight.) Any offers from Team Floyd will now be even more insulting than the previous ones, to the point that Manny will have to refuse. Therefore the fight doesn't get made at all or faces another long delay while MP takes one or three confidence/credibility builder tune ups. More delay, more fade. More likelihood that one or both retires, or that if by some miracle it does get made, it won't even be a very good fight. That is the logic.

I officially stopped caring about Pacquiao-Mayweather last night in any case.

Oh, and sorry for the spoiler Django....

Chazro

« Reply #14 on: 9 Dec 2012, 09:13 pm »
"I officially stopped caring about Pacquiao-Mayweather last night in any case."

Bet you'd be plenty upset if you decided not to chk it out and Paqman beat Floyd!  But yr right, my guess is that a Marquez-Mayweather fight, a bout I truthfully never contemplated, all of a sudden looks VERY hot right now!!  While I've always admired Mayweathers' skills, I've never cared for the way he picks and chooses who he fights.  Marquez beating Floyd would be a great night of boxing!!

vortrex

« Reply #15 on: 9 Dec 2012, 09:23 pm »
"I officially stopped caring about Pacquiao-Mayweather last night in any case."

Bet you'd be plenty upset if you decided not to chk it out and Paqman beat Floyd!  But yr right, my guess is that a Marquez-Mayweather fight, a bout I truthfully never contemplated, all of a sudden looks VERY hot right now!!  While I've always admired Mayweathers' skills, I've never cared for the way he picks and chooses who he fights.  Marquez beating Floyd would be a great night of boxing!!

mayweather already won EVERY ROUND against JJM.  who would want to see that again?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #16 on: 9 Dec 2012, 09:24 pm »
vortrex: This isn't like being hosed in the highly debatable "defeat" against Bradley. Manny gave away all of his bargaining power with this spectacular KO loss. Watch him get dropped from all the PFP lists. (Yes, Floyd wants a faded Manny; he's lost a step himself judging from the Cotto fight.) Any offers from Team Floyd will now be even more insulting than the previous ones, to the point that Manny will have to refuse. Therefore the fight doesn't get made at all or faces another long delay while MP takes one or three confidence/credibility builder tune ups. More delay, more fade. More likelihood that one or both retires, or that if by some miracle it does get made, it won't even be a very good fight. That is the logic.

I officially stopped caring about Pacquiao-Mayweather last night in any case.

Oh, and sorry for the spoiler Django....
Think you're right, db.  Manny will have to take less money if a Mayweather fight ever gets made and I don't see a great fight, either.

dB Cooper

« Reply #17 on: 9 Dec 2012, 11:23 pm »
It COULD have been a contender... in 2009 or 2010. In 2013 or (God forbid) 2014?

And 2-3 years ago, I was convinced Pac would hand Floyd his head. After watching JMM defeat Manny twice in a row, counterpunching him into la-la land this time, I no longer think it would be competitive. JMM is a good counterpuncher; Floyd, a great one.

Fight probably ain't gonna happen so guess we'll never know.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #18 on: 10 Dec 2012, 12:03 am »
Don't you imagine that the Marquez people are trying to get the Mayweather people on the wire?  I mean the real money isn't with Manny anymore.  Think Bradley will fight either in the next two years?  Whoa, wait a minute, I shouldn't be too hasty.  If Manny was ahead on points, maybe there is potential for a sixth fight.  It should be done quickly if at all.  Then, Marquez, who is nearly forty years old, could retire an even more wealthy man and Manny could be back in the spotlight.  And Arum keeps earning.  Makes sense, dunnit?

mjosef

« Reply #19 on: 10 Dec 2012, 12:09 am »
JMM is a good counterpuncher; Floyd, a great one.

My view also...Mayweather would 'eat' Manny alive, yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Mayweather needs a roughhouse kind of fighter to counteract his style, a  Hopkins-style like fighter.