Cheap and cheerful Audiophile turntable

TONEPUB

Re: Cheap and cheerful Audiophile turntable
« Reply #40 on: 30 Dec 2012, 05:26 am »
I had a number of great hifi companies invest in TONE as advertisers when we were only three days old and paid for a years worth of advertising in advance.  They took a risk that I would still be around when the year was up, so I figured the least I could do was shell out $150 for a turntable.

I hope the product is good and that they do well....

ajzepp

« Reply #41 on: 30 Dec 2012, 08:44 am »
A used B&O tt can be had for $2-300. And their auto everything.

Olive is doing something like that pledge tt,but they have a lot more info and for your money you will be one of the first in the world to have an Olive One. I sent in my $399. Info isn't at their site. Google Olive One and there is a site just for it. And they are made here.

That Olive product looks really cool, but I thought you were saying it was a table. Looks like it's a music server?

harley52

« Reply #42 on: 30 Dec 2012, 04:04 pm »
Sorry about that, I should have been more clear.I mentioned the tt as that's what the thread started out as.And I personally really like the B&O tt's for their extremely lite tracking force on the vinyl and the auto operations.

The Olive One:

The more you contribute the more beenies you get in turn. I think Olive is trying to give potential customers of the One some input in to design,operation and anything else which may make it more competitive instead of just a bunch of engineers and designers trying to guess how and what functions it's customers would like to see implimented. Often, as we all know the customers/users have better ideas to improve a project.

The Olive One is rather unqiue in that it has built in two channel power amps and remote control. But all of the models this year have the built in amps and the higher up the chain you go the more inputs and outputs, analog and digital there are offered.

Btw, I have nothing to do with the company other than sending in my $399 for the One that is to start shipping this summer. And the units are hand built here in the USA.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #43 on: 30 Dec 2012, 04:18 pm »
Looks like a neat product, but perhaps it might get a better response and be more appropriate in it's own thread.  Please feel free to start one.

srb

« Reply #44 on: 30 Dec 2012, 04:26 pm »
Looks like a neat product, but perhaps it might get a better response and be more appropriate in it's own thread.  Please feel free to start one.

There is an existing topic already started in the Discless Circle:
Olive One music player
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=112373.msg1166094#msg1166094

Steve

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #45 on: 30 Dec 2012, 06:59 pm »
I really hope Uturn Audio makes it...3 fellas who have their heads screwed on straight!  :thumb: Although I don't want/need a table, I'm pledging just for fun and to help a cause.

Best,
Anand.

harley52

« Reply #46 on: 30 Dec 2012, 07:01 pm »
Hi,
I'm new around here but I appreciate your info.Thank you.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #47 on: 1 Jan 2013, 12:04 am »
And welcome harley52.  Is that a 52 yo on a harley, a 60 yo on a harley (born in '52), or a '52 harley?

Rclark

« Reply #48 on: 1 Jan 2013, 05:53 am »
I'm excited. Got them on Facebook to keep tabs on it. Already bought an LP.