UberBuss vs Shunyata Hydra 8

Gaston

UberBuss vs Shunyata Hydra 8
« on: 22 Nov 2012, 09:04 am »
Hello,

Would there be anyone that has compared the Shunyata Hydra 8, which I have, with the UberBuss?
Ever since I had the Hydra and the Python Power Cords, I felt I lost quite some air and high detail. Not that there is no detail there, but with certain music I am no loner floating far away in space (Eno, Schulze).
I am not sure if it is the Hydra or the Power Cords, but when I listen at a friends to my old set, I hear what I miss dearly, again (and again..).. space and far away detail.
Apart from that the Hydra 8 relaxes the music in a great way..

Thank you for your replies!

Gaston

roscoeiii

Re: UberBuss vs Shunyata Hydra 8
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2012, 05:28 pm »
Have you tried putting the amps directly into the wall?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2012, 05:42 pm »
I think Roscoe meant to say plugging into the wall.  I got to demo a friend's jr. Hydra before considering power conditioning.  As I recall the highs were notably clearer to me.  Didn't notice a loss of air which isn't to say that there wasn't one.       

roscoeiii

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2012, 05:54 pm »
Yep, plugging. Damn smartphone

SoCalWJS

« Reply #4 on: 2 Dec 2012, 10:19 pm »
Gaston -

What equipment do you have plugged into your Shunyata? You might want to try playing around a bit (take notes and use a systematic approach).

Sometimes, there are certain pieces of equipment that do or do not benefit from power conditioning in combination. Many people want their source and pre on one conditioner and amps into another circuit, even if that means the amps don't get any treatment. Best combo is probably 2 dedicated circuits with separate conditioning on each (amps on one circuit, everything else on the other) (or whole house conditioning). Others want digital on one circuit and analog on another.

Experiment and see if anything restores the properties you are missing back into your system.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2 Dec 2012, 10:24 pm »