Mini 9.0 info… Please help

Audio_Panther

« on: 16 Jun 2004, 05:10 pm »
I’ve seen the Norh website and have some questions about the Mini 9.0.

Are they still offered in a kit?
If so, what does the kit include?
What is the current price for a kit?
Does the kit include the synthetic marble cabinet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
B

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2004, 05:20 pm »
All kits include everything but the drivers.

I don't know if they still sell these in kits, you'd have to email Namphung@norh.com about it, but they are still listed on their website that way.

$500 for the kit, or $1500 for the speaker.  Those Scanspeak drivers are pretty expensive.  I'm guessing that they would be give or take $800 for the 4 you would need.

Might be worth getting the kit and saving +-$200.

Also keep an eye out on Agon for a pair of the mini's, or the full size.  The full size real marble cabinets sell for around $1200-1500.

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2004, 06:10 pm »
I thought Namphung was working exclusively for Norhtec now?
 :?:

They tend to run specials periodically on the kits - keep on eye on the 'news' section of the Norh website.

Cazza

mini 9.0 kit
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2004, 02:23 am »
I recently purchased the kit. I found I could source the drivers locally for around $700.  The kit includes everything. It is simple to screw in the drivers as the screws are included and screw in points are marked.

The kit sell for $500 incl shipping. This is the SM version. Good buy - really sweet sounding unit. I happend to visit Norh recent in Bangkok and listend to both. The 9.0 have a bit more bass but I in my home environment the mini's  sound really great - amazing how low the go.

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2004, 09:29 pm »
Cazza -

tell us a little bit about your visit to norh in Bangkok!

Cazza

norh visit
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2004, 04:57 am »
This was interesting to say the least. A large group of us were on business in Bangkok, so I asked Norh if we would visit their shop. A few of the guys were interested in listening to some of the speakers.

Namphung was very gracious in picking us up from the hotel in a pick-up, 4 of the guys hopped in the back. Not something you do everyday, racing down the freeway in the back of a pickup. The sky was kinda dark - we just missed a thunderstorm - big one from our accounts (few cm of water in the pickup when we left, so we took cabs back).

We met up Michael and Yuth. First for me as I had never met any of them face to face. Let me say that some of the bad comments about Norh are really sad because they are all a great group of people. Actually it surprised me that they do not get many customers visiting - we were the first in a long time. The shop is not really a shop but more a workplace/storage depo. There is no real soundroom but a fairly simple setup - not really geared as a customer listening area but ample for our needs. Michael showed us some of his new gizmo's from Nortech , some cool stuff they are developing.

We finally got down to listening to a few of the drums i.e. Norh 9 (wood), min 9 (SM), Norh 5, Norh 3. I was extremely impressed by the Norh 3.0 - what a great little speaker especially when you know what the driver costs . You can see why the combination of the 3 with the Se-9 is popular . The 5's were good but somehow preffered the 3'0. The full range driver works really well.

BTW - The new LE AMP's sounded really good - very quiet and clean. They had quite a few in stock so there is obviously movement here and I presume more people have had there orders completed - be good to hear some comments on how they are going.

The bottom-line is that Norh is a small company operating in the back streets of Bangkok. They have an absolute passion for their goods - Yuth was an extremely enthusiastic guy. Let hope they continue producing good equipment because I still believe they offer you great value for money.  I think we would all loose if they found the hardships with products like the LE AMP II too much and decided to focus on NorTech.

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: norh visit
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2004, 05:52 pm »
Thanks for the story!

Quote from: Cazza
Not something you do everyday, racing down the freeway in the back of a pickup.

Well, we do that all the time down here in the Carolinas!