Using Nitro Bybee jumpers with non-Bolder speaker cables?

SWG255

I'm considering buying the Nitro Bybee speaker jumper cables being offered in the Trading Post circle here on AC, but I just can't quite swing buying the Nitro speaker cable with them too.

I have VMPS RM40 speakers, but my current speaker cable and jumpers are Audience Conductor. Would there be a problem using the Nitro/Bybee jumpers with the Audience Conductor speaker cables and the VMPS RM40s?

I'm also interested in an opinion as to whether this combination will show an improvement over the all Audience Conductor combination. I realize and agree that the actual audio performance can't be predicted and I'll have to listen and decide for myself, but i'm trying to get a sense of whether the combination is obviously disadvantageous due to impedence mismatch, capacitence problems or other more arcane reasons I am not aware of.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this combination of cabling and jumpers.

Wayne1

« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2004, 02:59 pm »
I am not familiar with the Audience speaker cable so I cannot say how it will sound with the RM-40s. What I have found is that the Bybee Jumper tends to bring out more of the music and less of the noise with the RM-40s.

There is nothing that I am aware of that would cause problems between the two cables. You SHOULD retune the speaker when you insert the Bybee jumper. IT will change the sound quite a bit. If you do not retune, it may sound a bit dull. Once the speaker is set up correctly with the Bybees you should hear most notes with increased clarity.

BTW, if you care to send the jumpers back to me, I will restore them to original condition at no charge except for shipping. This is true of ALL BOLDER Cables. The warranty will cover cosmetic flaws and wear and tear, even if you are not the original owner :lol:

SWG255

Wayne, please check your PM
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2004, 12:30 pm »
I've sent you a PM, please have a look.

Thanks.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2004, 12:49 pm »
BTW, if you care to send the jumpers back to me, I will restore them to original condition at no charge except fot shipping. This is true of ALL BOLDER Cables. The warranty will cover cosmetic flaws, even if you are not the original owner
Now that's good service !!! :)

SWG255

It is good service
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2004, 03:28 pm »
I got an email from Wayne this morning. He got the jumpers and will recondition them and send them to me for shipping charges. Great service indeed!  :D

Quote from: lonewolfny42
BTW, if you care to send the jumpers back to me, I will restore them to original condition at no charge except fot shipping. This is true of ALL BOLDER Cables. The warranty will cover cosmetic flaws, even if you are not the original owner

SWG255

It is good service
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2004, 03:28 pm »
I got an email from Wayne this morning. He got the jumpers and will recondition them and send them to me for shipping charges. Great service indeed!  :D

Quote from: lonewolfny42