wondering if emotiva xpa-2 would make a diff on supercharged song towers

caper334@hotmail.com

quick question if I would hear any difference in xpa-2 vs xpa-3 emotiva amp....currently I have xpa-3 200 watts a channel feeding the scst but emotiva has a sale and was thinking on xpa-2 300 a  channel.....would I hear any difference in sound quality....the scst sound incredible as they are wondering if a little more power would help them even more....thanks

Big Red Machine

no.  save your money.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
no.  save your money.
Maybe you could recommend which of your favorite AVA amps he should look into.   :)

Rclark

Mkcarnut here, you can pm him, has an XPA-2 and also recently built Hypex Ncore monoblocks. According to him the XPA-2 fared very poorly against them in all categories of sound quality.

charmerci

Maybe you could recommend which of your favorite AVA amps he should look into.   :)

I find this a very bizarre statement since neither of you care for AVA.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
I find this a very bizarre statement since neither of you care for AVA.
Not really.  BRM now shows Salk Speakers and Jim Salk is a major proponent of AVA so it seems as though BRM could recommend which AVA amp to use. 

Big Red Machine

Not really.  BRM now shows Salk Speakers and Jim Salk is a major proponent of AVA so it seems as though BRM could recommend which AVA amp to use.

Huh?

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
Huh?
It should read that BRM helps Jim Salk....

Nuance

^ It's well known BRM doesn't care for the AVA stuff, so you can stop with the silly charade. :roll:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
^ It's well known BRM doesn't care for the AVA stuff, so you can stop with the silly charade. :roll:
I didn't know that.  Well, regardless then, maybe Jim Salk can recommend which of his favorite AVA amps would be best with his speaker that the OP owns. 

Early B.

Agreed. There would be no sonic difference between the XPA-2 and XPA-3. I've owned both of them. 

mark funk

You didn't know that??? How can that be? Your have some thing to say in all most all the threads on this site?

:smoke:

martyo

Come on ease up the the cur. He's just in the Salk Circle giving recommendations to Jim that have nothing to do with the thread.

Big Red Machine

Come on ease up the the cur. He's just in the Salk Circle giving recommendations to Jim that have nothing to do with the thread.
You didn't know that??? How can that be? Your have some thing to say in all most all the threads on this site?

:smoke:

How are you guys doing these days?

martyo

How are you guys doing these days?

Very good Pete, thanks, and how about you? Is there a new home for the SS8's yet?  8)

charmerci

...maybe Jim Salk can recommend which of his favorite AVA amps would be best with his speaker that the OP owns.

The XPA-2's are on sale for $680. (AVA is $1200 new minimum.) I don't think there's going to be a better amp at the price range that OP is looking at.

Saturn94

quick question if I would hear any difference in xpa-2 vs xpa-3 emotiva amp....currently I have xpa-3 200 watts a channel feeding the scst but emotiva has a sale and was thinking on xpa-2 300 a  channel.....would I hear any difference in sound quality....the scst sound incredible as they are wondering if a little more power would help them even more....thanks

Staying on topic, I seriously doubt you would hear a difference.

rick240

Unless you are clipping then there is no chance of any difference.

If you are clipping now then you likely need to go up to at least 500wpc, which of course is technically more than the SCST like (I believe all W15 based speakers are 250wpc max), so why risk it.