Serenity Acoustics: A Flight amongst the Stars

texasphile

Serenity Acoustics: A Flight amongst the Stars
« on: 16 Nov 2012, 08:52 am »
Hello All,

I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to visit Danny's place and listen to his prototype Serenity Acoustics Loudspeaker that he is designing for the new company.  Some who know me know that I am rather critical of all loudspeakers given enough listening time.  Most of the time, whatever flaws there are, are completely acceptable because there is no such thing as a free lunch and all things are based upon the laws of physics.  To gain in one spot is to lose in another.  It is the manner of physics.  I believe that this speaker comes the closest to matching the sound reproduction of a digital reproduction into as analogue as a recording as I have have ever heard.  It is clean, the sound stage is wide, the speakers do not hiss even driven by tube (valve) amplification, a very deep sound stage.  It is just very, very nice.

Now my perfect speaker has a number of flaws and was designed by Danny Richie about 7 or 8 years ago.  It was the mighty Alpha LSs.  Somewhat grainy?   Yes!  Somewhat unrefined?  Yes!   Able to make the music flow with body and slam?    Yes!  "It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll !!!"

Chris

Guy 13

Re: Serenity Acoustics: A Flight amongst the Stars
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2012, 11:14 am »

Hi all Audio Circle members.

Where can I find Serenity Acoustics Loudspeaker website?

Guy 13

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2012, 12:04 pm »
texasphile,
Which Serenity Speakers were you listening to, the Super-7's or something else?

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2012, 04:06 pm »
texasphile,
Which Serenity Speakers were you listening to, the Super-7's or something else?

Chris heard the Super-7's.

And Chris is not the only one whose personal favorite has been the old Alpha LS. That was a fun speaker.

Hi all Audio Circle members.

Where can I find Serenity Acoustics Loudspeaker website?

Guy 13

Guy, I will check on their progress regarding that and get back with you.

Here is a big thread on it: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=109918.0

wshuff

« Reply #4 on: 6 Dec 2012, 02:23 pm »
The Alpha LS was a fun speaker, the LS6/LS9 remains a fun speaker!  I'm appreciating that fact more each day now that I've got my LS6 back online after moving about a year ago.  Impact that can make the deaf hear is pretty intoxicating.