The Civil Wars may be at War

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
The Civil Wars may be at War
« on: 7 Nov 2012, 01:32 am »
I received an email from The Civil Wars a bit earlier today. It is pasted below.

We sincerely apologize for the canceling of all of our tour dates. It is something we deeply regret. However, due to internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition we are unable to continue as a touring entity at this time. We thank each and every one of you for your amazing love & support. Our sincere hope is to have new music for you in 2013.

- Joy Williams & John Paul White.

PS - We understand that there are many of you stuck with service charges and travel reservations due to our abrupt cancelations. Please email us at info@thecivilwars.com if there are costs incurred that you would like to be reimbursed for, include a scan or attachment to your receipt(s) of the costs, and we will do our best to reimburse you for non-refundable charges.

Too bad. I hope they work it out.

R_burke

Re: The Civil Wars may be at War
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2012, 01:37 am »
 :cry:  I had high hopes for this group, really like their debut

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2012, 04:00 am »
DAMMIT man....I just got hooked on these two.... :duh:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 7 Nov 2012, 04:10 am »
WOW,,,, and those 2 looked so much together on Austin City Limits last Saturday. It's an old story in the music industry tho, success too often leads to breakups. Musicians & audiophiles are both a fickle bunch.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

asmoday

« Reply #4 on: 7 Nov 2012, 04:17 pm »
This is sad news indeed. A friend of mine recently turned me onto them and I have been enjoying them a lot the last while back.

Hopefully they can right the ship and get back to some more great music.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2012, 08:56 am »
WOW,,,, and those 2 looked so much together on Austin City Limits last Saturday. It's an old story in the music industry tho, success too often leads to breakups. Musicians & audiophiles are both a fickle bunch.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Watch.... http://video.pbs.org/video/2296123072

ctviggen

« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2012, 02:45 pm »
Watch.... http://video.pbs.org/video/2296123072

I like it!  I've added to my wishlist at Amazon.