Virtue Two.2 Tour and listening impressions

Rclark

Virtue Two.2 Tour and listening impressions
« on: 5 Nov 2012, 10:30 pm »

This forum has been very good to me and I've gotten lots of good hands on experience via equipment demo's and tours. I've gone from a beginner in '10 with just a cdp and a multimedia set to a now burgeoning collection of gear and experience with many other sets. I've experienced stock to modded several times, it's been great.

So now it's my turn to give back and return all the generousity. I want to continue this tradition of equipment touring that is unique to this forum. Virtue made a great little amp in the Two.2. They have an amp called the Three on the way which promises much more power and a more refined sound.

I'd like to place my own personal amp on tour and give those interested parties a taste of what's to come and help create a little buzz for the Three. The Two is about 60 watts or so, I think, at 4ohms, and prefers 4ohm loads versus 8. The Three will have much greater output, 250 - 300 watts.

The amp I'm placing up for tour is a modded unit. It has no preamp, it's a pure power amp only. It is permanently hi passed at 80hz via ClarityCap MR's as well, and it runs off battery kit. So some of you get to hear battery power for the first time.

I will take 12 members, sign up via PM. Each member will have 4 days to play with the amp and then pay for shipping on to the next person.

Post your impressions here as well. If you loved it, tell us why, and be specific. If it wasn't your cup of tea, that's fine too, you won't hurt anyone's feelings.

Alright, let's get this going.

srb

Re: Virtue Two.2 Tour and listening impressions
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm »
Although it is always very generous when someone offers their own component for a tour, because it is no longer in production (and modified as well), I'm not really seeing the point.  Thank you, though.

Steve

Rclark

« Reply #2 on: 5 Nov 2012, 10:41 pm »
Well the Three will be the same chip, still a Tripath, more powerful version of the amp, so it's pretty relevent. And this tour is mostly just meant for fun. I want to give back.

hoxuanduc

« Reply #3 on: 6 Nov 2012, 12:00 am »
Rclark,

Do you happen to know what chip is used in the three amp?

Thanks,

Duc

Rclark

« Reply #4 on: 6 Nov 2012, 01:00 am »
Not sure which version of Tripath, but a Tripath.

Rclark

« Reply #5 on: 6 Nov 2012, 08:39 am »
alright, got a couple so far. Don't be shy people, it's not a big heavy setup, shipping will be super cheap. Spend some time with an amp you've never heard before, or, if you're curious about my modded setup and want to hear it, now's your chance.

What the heck, cool little amp for a few days. Audiocircle style.