Blues At Jefferson Barracks

DeadFish

« on: 13 Jun 2004, 06:07 pm »
Just a heads up to anyone wanting a nice nite out next friday.
You might know there is a series of blues concerts out at Jefferson Barracks on fridays, and next friday (June 18th) they have
Larry Garner (and the Lounge Lizards).
I've seen Larry 'bout a half dozen times and he is a good time.
Hailing from Baton Rouge, you can kinda figure the kind of blues he does and well.  A great bit of fun in bars, and he did the 'Fest last year and did a nice evening.  He doesn't get a lot of promotion, but don't let that deter you.  He is under the mistaken idea that St. Louis doesn't like the blues, so we try and get folks out to see him when he shows around, to set him straight.  (I've seen him play for 40 people like it was a packed house!)
Eight bucks in a park setting with a bandshell, and you can bring your coolers, lawnchairs, kids, dogs and grandmas.  The more the merrier!
The link I had for the concert series listing doesn't work today, but if I find one that does, I'll post it.
Friends, neighbors and family that've have seen Larry got the offer from me to buy their ticket if they didn't like him.  I haven't had to pay yet.
SO, y'all come out if you have a mind to and a free evening and want to pick up on a great act.
Regards,
DeadFish

Scott F.

« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2004, 12:55 am »
Hiya DF,

Heres the link you were looking for.
http://www.co.st-louis.mo.us/parks/

On the left menu are the links to some pdf files that have the concert calender.

Heres another link I'm not sure everybody is aware of.
http://www.celebrate2004.org

click YES, then click on River Splash, then click on The Concerts.

We've got a series of FREE concerts at the Arch with the likes of;
Taj Mahal
Bruce Hornsby
Branford Marsalis
Los Lobos
MMW
Lyle Lovett
our own beloved Symphony Orchestra
and last but not least Mr BB King.

Bill, count Laura, Julie and I in for Larry Garner (providing Julie doesn't have ball games that day). Give me a buzz and we can figure out where to meet up. Maybe Steak and Shake at 255 & Telegraph?

DeadFish

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2004, 04:05 pm »
Meeting up sounds great, Scott.

Thanks for that link.  It is the one I thought I had that didn't work.
(so okay, I have trouble with a mouse... :wink:  )
Thanks for the other link as well.  
DEFintely some folks there to see!

I'll try and give you a buzz and see what's up with your schedule for friday.

Regards,

DF