Magnepan MG1.5 $400, nice shape

raindance

Magnepan MG1.5 $400, nice shape
« on: 27 Oct 2012, 07:41 pm »
I am selling a pair of Maggie MG1.5 speakers. They are in good shape. I repaired de-lamination at the tops and bottoms with DAP Weldwood; you can Google the repair, it is well known. There are a few small tears in the cloth from removing and re-installing staples. This model uses double socks in front so looks great from the front. The oak is a little scuffed in a couple of places and has a small paint smear on one of them. For their age: they look fantastic. They sound great. A tad tipped up in the sibilance range as some reviewers have noted. They do bass down to 40Hz in my room.

I am in Cary, NC. I would strongly prefer a local sale as I do not have boxes to ship in. Reason for selling: I have replaced these with Maggie 1.6's.

Please note, these are old speakers. My repair skills are pretty good, but there is no guarantee how long it will be before more work is needed. You can audition them in my home and decide for yourself. At the price I am asking you could send these back to Magnepan for a re-build and still have a bargain.

Questions welcomed. I have been driving them with a Jolida JD1000a tube amp that is also for sale.