RMAF 2012

MukAudio

Re: RMAF 2012
« Reply #40 on: 20 Oct 2012, 07:05 pm »
You're not crazy.  It was a design a customer requested and it came out so nice that Jim has been showing it without really officially putting it into the portfolio.  Right now it is fondly called the Raal Illuminator.  It has a Scanspeak woofer (IIRC).  Plays amazingly deep.  For those who only have space for a bookshelf, then it is really attractive.

It looks similar to the SoundScape M7 except smaller obviously and missing the midrange driver? Is that accurate?

Mark

Big Red Machine

« Reply #41 on: 20 Oct 2012, 07:56 pm »
It looks similar to the SoundScape M7 except smaller obviously and missing the midrange driver? Is that accurate?

Mark

Completely different.  Much shorter than the M7.  The M7 does not use that woofer if I remember correctly.

Mudslide

« Reply #42 on: 20 Oct 2012, 10:13 pm »
Completely different.  Much shorter than the M7.  The M7 does not use that woofer if I remember correctly.

Jim could surely verify it...but it looks like the M7 bass driver utilizes a ScanSpeak Illuminator aluminum cone and the little monitor uses a ScanSpeak Illuminator paper cone.

jmc207

« Reply #43 on: 20 Oct 2012, 10:38 pm »
I think I remember reading that the M7 uses the Exodus Audio "Anarchy" woofer, not a ScanSpeak. May have been in a post by Dennis.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #44 on: 20 Oct 2012, 10:43 pm »
The M7 does use the Anarchy woofer, not a Scan. 

yetis

« Reply #45 on: 20 Oct 2012, 11:33 pm »
  Now I am dealing with technical issues around my Ncore's.  .

Technical issues solved, home spun internal connections were the culprit... this time.

Now back to RMAF 2012. 

Having never been to RMAF, how large is it?  Is it like the audiophile portion of CES, or larger.  I am a little surprised how varied the takeaways are from all the magazines/online reviews.  Excluding the mega brands like Wilson, etc. Do they have a "press only" day?  I remember years ago at Alexis Park (or something like that) as CES, many of the rooms you couldn't access and you had to have a prearranged demo... Had I known, I would have ventured over to some of the smaller brands.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #46 on: 21 Oct 2012, 01:17 am »
HI    There is no press day.  Everyone is on their own.   And the show is huge.  I'm not sure how it compares with the relevant portion of CES, but there is floor after floor after floor after floor...of speakers in Denver.  I guess you can do it in 2 days, but you will be a little buggy at the end.