HiFi Lounge, The UK's Newest Bryston Dealer, Grand Opening October 27th/28th!

Vipers

Hi Guys,

Time to give the Bryston system a good workout for a PMC battle of the giants -

PMC IB2i vs PMC MB2i, Let the battle commence at HiFi Lounge!

This is really exciting as at HiFi Lounge at the moment we have both the amazing PMC IB2i and MB2i speakers on demonstration, it really isn’t very often that you can get the chance to hear these 2 reference speakers side by side.

I have listened to both in isolation but have never had the chance to compare directly so I will be very interested myself to hear the differences, hopefully I'll get a chance to have a good listen tomorrow evening, I'm hoping we will be able to keep them for the open weekend also so if anyone fancies comparing 2 of the best speakers around please pop by, I'll have to try and get the BB5i's for next time, although getting them upstairs could be a challenge  :o

Here are a couple of pictures to wet the appetite -

Ritchief

Wow and double wow, that is one of the best Hifi shops I have ever seen...

Can't wait to read the report between the IB and MB's, however, the BB5 V MB's would  be amazing, if that ever happens count me in as being an able assistant.

Also are you selling Projectors or just hifi ??

Vipers

Wow and double wow, that is one of the best Hifi shops I have ever seen...

Can't wait to read the report between the IB and MB's, however, the BB5 V MB's would  be amazing, if that ever happens count me in as being an able assistant.

Also are you selling Projectors or just hifi ??

Hi Richy,

Thanks mate, we are so nearly there now, just a few finishing touches in readiness for the Grand Opening next weekend, one of the last jobs was to add the wafers for rear channels which meant burying cables into the wall, don't tell the landlord  :roll: -

As you can see we are selling projectors, only JVC though, what model are you interested in? I've got a mint 1 month old X30, only watched 1 film on it but have now got to sell it as the new range is imminent, the joys of retail eh.

The IB v MB comparison was interesting but really just emphasised how much a step up the MB is, the only trouble is now that now I can't stop thinking if the BB is that much better again over the MB, so I've asked PMC if they have a demo set of BB's I can borrow, so I'll let you know, not too sure how I'll get them up the stairs though :scratch:

Vipers

I’ve just found out that for our open weekend next weekend, 27th / 28th October, Rega are kindly going to lend us their brand new and much anticipated RP8 turntable for that weekend only, apparently there are only 4 in the world and only 1 in the UK, it is that new.

I’m really looking forward to sitting down and listening to this Turntable, I’ve been using our RP6 a lot whilst setting up HiFi Lounge so it will be really interesting how this compares, especially with the new tonearm, plinth design and Apheta cartridge, I’m also going to borrow Rega’s reference Ios phono stage, which has XLR outs, perfect for the SP3, so I’m expecting big things, I bought loads of vinyl at the Whittlebury Audio Show a couple of weeks ago that I haven’t listened to yet so I have a feeling there may be a couple of late nights next weekend :-)

Obviously it goes without saying that if anyone is interested please bring some of your vinyl along, I’m sure it will be better than my collection, for a listen to what promises to be a pretty stunning turntable.

Just found this picture which gives some idea to the radical new design -

Ritchief

Hi Richy,

Thanks mate, we are so nearly there now, just a few finishing touches in readiness for the Grand Opening next weekend, one of the last jobs was to add the wafers for rear channels which meant burying cables into the wall, don't tell the landlord  :roll: -

As you can see we are selling projectors, only JVC though, what model are you interested in? I've got a mint 1 month old X30, only watched 1 film on it but have now got to sell it as the new range is imminent, the joys of retail eh.

The IB v MB comparison was interesting but really just emphasised how much a step up the MB is, the only trouble is now that now I can't stop thinking if the BB is that much better again over the MB, so I've asked PMC if they have a demo set of BB's I can borrow, so I'll let you know, not too sure how I'll get them up the stairs though :scratch:

Paul,

If its going really cheap I may be interested !

Vipers

Hi Richy,

I haven't advertised it yet but someone will get a bargain, It won't be available for another month or so whilst I wait for the X55 to come out.

You know where I am if you want to reserve it  :wink:

Just spoke to PMC and apparently they don't have any demo BB5i's at the moment, probably just as well really.

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
Hi Paul,

You are located sort of near Luton airport, aren't you?
Could see myself passing through some day, would be fun, shop look realy great.

Just a question (or two):

Noticed you initially had the fact8 connected to the goodies from Bryston.
Those big PMC boxes you have now would frighten my cats and possibly my B100 amp.
I like the dynamic character of the facts, but I could learn to live with the PB1 (sig).
Noticed you once did a face-of between naim and bryston, using facts.

What is the difference between the fact and the monitor-like IB2 / MB2 speakers?
Being close to the fire, do you know if new versions of the fact8 (fact 10) are on their way?
What is your take on speaker cables for the PCM lineup?

Cheers,
Bob

b.t.w. did Ella arrive yet?

Vipers

Hi Paul,

You are located sort of near Luton airport, aren't you?
Could see myself passing through some day, would be fun, shop look realy great.

Just a question (or two):

Noticed you initially had the fact8 connected to the goodies from Bryston.
Those big PMC boxes you have now would frighten my cats and possibly my B100 amp.
I like the dynamic character of the facts, but I could learn to live with the PB1 (sig).
Noticed you once did a face-of between naim and bryston, using facts.

What is the difference between the fact and the monitor-like IB2 / MB2 speakers?
Being close to the fire, do you know if new versions of the fact8 (fact 10) are on their way?
What is your take on speaker cables for the PCM lineup?

Cheers,
Bob

b.t.w. did Ella arrive yet?

Hi Bob,

Yes, I guess I'm only 35 mins away from Luton Airport, be great if you are in this neck of the woods one day if you could pop in and say hi :)

The Fact's and IB's/MB's are totally different beasts to be honest. I love both in equal measure but for very different reasons but I think if I really had to choose the IB's/MB's will always come out on top for me especially  for that Mid range cone and their overall scale and power. I've had MB2i's for over 2 years now and they still have the power to amaze me, they are just so natural, open and effortless. The ultimate is trying to create that 'in the room' sound and the MB's can do that scaringly easily.

As for the FACT 10, well it has been rumoured for a while now, no news as of yet but hopefully it will become Fact, sorry, sooner rather than later.

Yes, got the Ella CD through, thanks, only had a quick listen, sounds lovely, looking forward to hearing on the BHA-1 though, hopefully later today :thumb:

Vipers

Hi Guys,

I just thought I'd upload this map to help anyone find us who may be able to get to our Grand Opening this weekend, hope to see you there for some Bryston goodness :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Hi Guys,

I just thought I'd upload this map to help anyone find us who may be able to get to our Grand Opening this weekend, hope to see you there for some Bryston goodness :thumb:

Wish I could be there Paul  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

james

saveloy

Vipers,

Yep, that should do it.

Kyri

Vipers

Wish I could be there Paul  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

james

You could always pop over with a pair of Model T's in you suit case James, you'd be more than welcome :D

Vipers

Vipers,

Yep, that should do it.

Kyri

Hi Kyri,

Look what we are getting to play with over the weekend, the new Rega RP8, the only one in the UK, it looks stunning, can't wait to give it a good workout, all through Bryston of course :)

saveloy

Vipers,

Fantastic!  Can't wait to pin back my ears for that.  It's going to be fun.

Kyri

Marius

HI Vipers,

All the best for the Grand Opening! Nice publicity on the Rega-site for you http://www.rega.co.uk
 :thumb:

Marius

Vipers

Thanks Marius, I haven't got a clue if anyone is going to turn up to be honest, it's always strange when holding an open day as you just don't know what to expect, at least I'll have a nice turntable to play with if we are quiet :)

saveloy

Thanks Marius, I haven't got a clue if anyone is going to turn up to be honest, it's always strange when holding an open day as you just don't know what to expect, at least I'll have a nice turntable to play with if we are quiet :)

Vipers,

I'll sit on the left - you on the right.  And take turns to flip the vinyl.  What's there to worry about?!

Kyri

Vipers

Vipers,

I'll sit on the left - you on the right.  And take turns to flip the vinyl.  What's there to worry about?!

Kyri

I think that may be our best option Kyri as my BDP-1 hard disk has just crashed and wiped out half my music collection and it will take far too long to copy over all the data in time for tomorrow, great timing :cry:

vinyl all the way by the looks of it.

saveloy

I think that may be our best option Kyri as my BDP-1 hard disk has just crashed and wiped out half my music collection and it will take far too long to copy over all the data in time for tomorrow, great timing :cry:

vinyl all the way by the looks of it.

Oh pooo!  Look, I have all of my collection on a portable HD in the car, in WAV.  So we can plug that in.  And I can bring my FLAC HD if you like.
Don't fret.

Kyri

saveloy

Well people, the weekend is over, done and dusted.  And what a fantastic couple of days it has been. 

I was fortunate enough to be helping out over the weekend.  And it was a joy from beginning to end.  It was a real success as far as I'm concerned. 
Saturday was manic at times, busy and rushed - but in a good way.  At one point the main room was so full that the windows steamed up & the temperature rose enough to warrant some ventilation.
Visitors were happy flicking from digital sources to vinyl, and the room sounded fabulous on both.  Everyone I had the pleasure of talking to had a positive comment or opinion.  Not least because they felt relaxed & comfortable.  But some felt quite nervous - since they had informed their wives that 'I'll only be a couple of hours'.  It was lovely spending time around people who are as enthusiastic about the joy of great sound as I am.

The headphone room had its fair share of devotees.  Most of whom never expected to be in there.  The BHA-1, if it was not already, is definitely run in now!  People were spending an inordinate amount of time & concentration trying to figure out which cans they preferred.  Choices differed, but not one person expressed an interest in trying anything other than the BHA-1 (which was one of 4 available amps).

Much praise to Paul & Wendy.  A lot of thought & consideration was put into this weekend. And it was absolutely wonderful.
Snacks were everywhere, refreshments and sweets available.  Plus, champagne was poured to all who desired it later in the day.   Paul could not keep up with the demands made upon him over some of the weekend, which is part of what made the event so endearing.  Wendy rushed around observantly, made certain that mouths were not parched and that nobody went wanting; at one point I thought of coffee & she appeared with a (PMC) cup a few seconds later - the perfect hostess (and the perfect cup).

Wendy & Paul deserve every success.  There is an energy & almost boyish fervour about the place. 
What they have created at Hifi Lounge is a passionate, adrenalin fuelled, enthusiast's wet dream. 
Work it is.  But is certainly not who they are. 

Kyri