I finally saw The Worlds Dumbest Movie today!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 10 Jun 2004, 01:45 am »
And it's called "The Day After Tommorrow."  Man, I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in years.  Enough cheesy CGI for ten installments of the Mummy, enough shmaltzy corn for five seasons of "Walker, Texas Ranger", and enough incidents of mind numbing stupidity to choke a horse.  I've never seen such a mishmash of jumbled "plot" elements in my life.  The "science" is hilarious, the script absurd.  And is it me, or do the wolves look like "Gregus", Ares' pet dog from the Hercules TV show?

What's more, I LOVED IT!  It's the ultimate awful movie- like the Core, Armageddon & Evil Dead all rolled into one.  This is a must have on DVD.   I wonder when it's coming out?

ooheadsoo

« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2004, 02:12 am »
My grandma who speaks about 5 words of English saw it a few weeks ago and LOVED IT!  She told me she was laughing her ass off the entire time!  :D

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2004, 02:20 am »
Yes, bad cinema is a universal language!  :lol:   I do have to point out that I really like Dennis Quaid; he brings such humanity and soul to any character he plays that he can buoy up virtually any film.  And I think Jake Gyllenhaal is a rising star with a lot of potential.

BTW, Sela Ward's holding up pretty well for her age...

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2004, 03:03 am »
I don't think it was as absurd as The Core was. But then again I didn't like The Core very well.

I'll probably watch it again sometime. Maybe when BB's got it as a 2 for $15 disc... :lol:

Hantra

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2004, 03:07 am »
No wait. . .  

I saw one dumber on the plane last week.  

BIG BOUNCE

When it was over, I was lunging for the defibrillator.

:banghead:

bob82274

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2004, 03:18 am »
Quote from: Hantra

I saw one dumber on the plane last week.  

BIG BOUNCE

Haha... I had to think about which movie that one was.  I saw that in the theatre (fortunately for free).  When we left we all agreed that it was pretty lousy but two things saved from absolutley horrible.  Who ever the girl was in the movie was quite attractive and secondly with Hawaii as a back drop I don't care what movie it is, it makes me wish I was back there.