I've really mis-judged the Khartago!

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
« on: 9 Jun 2004, 01:13 am »
As anyone reading here knows, I've had a really frustrating couple of weeks since buying a Rogue preamp and Khartago amp. After much weeping and gnashing of teeth, I finally think everything is working as it should. I was able to run down the noise problem to a dirty switch in the preamp. Right up 'till yesterday morning, I was convinced the problem was in the amp. What's happened since I cleaned up the offending  switch? I'll tell you what's been happening, I've been enjoying some of the sweetest music I've ever heard, the Khartago is playing a big part of it. I would recommend anyone interested in this amp to run it with a tubed preamp. The music in my basement is delicate, dynamic, detailed and utterly musical. I'm hearing the full sweetness of the preamp coupled with detail and nuance to die for. $750 new? They must be kidding. I've had amps three or four times the price [quite a few actually] that never made the music this combination does. The Khartago just has an easy way with the notes. The music is emotional and totaly involving. What more can you ask for from an amp?

Bob A (SD)

« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun 2004, 01:25 am »
Merle,

Sorry to hear about your preamp switch issues but not surprised at all about the amp.  I've been super impressed with my Monos.

I will tell you something though... the Tempest preamp is a real sweetheart with warm tubelike nuances.  If you ever wonder if you could live with a solid state pre, you owe it to youself to audition a Tempest.  The synergy with Klaus' amps is exceptional too :)

Best!

--Bob

Matthew Wilson

khartago
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun 2004, 07:04 am »
Good Stuff Eh!  As I said    'Happy Accidents'

I'm pleased to hear you've got it sorted. A lesson to be learned here for many. What do i mean? How many times do you all think that a fine piece of kit has been passed over because either the person/dealer didn't know how to match it or was having problems and diagnosed incorectly. In this case everything has turned out peachy, but I'm quietly confident that this is often not the case......Matt

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun 2004, 10:52 am »
I'm glad everything worked out for you, Merle.  It is nice to see the owner of Odyssey, Klaus, having your back just in case something was up with the amp.  Tubes and Odyssey....hmmm, I can't wait to get my Foreplay modded now.

Barry

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2004, 02:53 pm »
May I suggest to post it in your original thread as well.  That is to avoid misunderstanding.