Khartago+Etesian+Sonus Faber Concerto Home

Andy Lau

« on: 8 Jun 2004, 01:17 pm »
I have a pair of Sonus Faber Concerto Home. Is it a good combination for using Khartago+Etesian to drive this speaker.

And, what CDP/DVDP (in reasonable price) are good match to Concerto Home+ Khartago+Etesian.

Please advise.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun 2004, 06:40 pm »
If you choose a set up like that try to find a CD with higher voltage output >2V.

rosconey

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2004, 12:20 am »
heck your in  cdp heaven-hong kong -every decent player is available there, tube or solid state-
cayin-shengya-consonance-jolida-music hall-original-jungson-many more.

djbnh

CDP
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2004, 12:25 am »
FYI - info on the Jolida site says the following about the JD-100 cpd -  Line Output Voltage: > 2V, 47 Kohms

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2004, 06:58 am »
It is interesting to use a tube CD because of it's sometimes fuller sound, Jolida is a   beauty unit, also there is an interesting CD from Eastern Electric.

Bryan Ramusen from Odyssey Denmark maybe can share with us his experiences with a Tjoeb unit, maybe he could try a similar set up and give us his impressions...

Barry

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2004, 11:07 am »
Andy,

Is your speaker a book shelf speaker?  Why not bring that in our Hong Kong showroom to make sure that the combination give you the sound you like.   You are more than welcome to do that.

Brian

Njoe Tjoeb
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2004, 04:38 pm »
Hi

As Eduardo said I have a tubed-CD -  the AH! Njoe Tjoeb. My first impression is that it is a good combination with the Odyssey sound. I am using the Tempest and the Stratos 120.000 and Nightingales as the other components so how it sounds with the Khartago i do not know.

I have yesterday tried an Audio Research pre-amp which was hybrid tube-ss together with a Rega CD-player. Again the Stratos sounds good with tubes in the line-up, but somehow I prefered my own set-up. Could it be that word everybody is talking about - "Synergy"?

Anyway, try to listen to a tube-cd together with the Khartago-Etesian-Sonus Faber line-up. I have always been a fan of the Sonus Faber and I suspect it would be a very nice partner with Odyssey-equipment.

Let us know how it turns out.

Brian

Barry

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2004, 04:12 pm »
Andy,

Etesian arrived.  You are welcome to try the combination of Etesian/Khartago.  You may bring your CD or speaker if you want to try it out.  If you bring your gear, we need to arrange a private schedule for you.

Odyssey HK

alex_odyssey_sg

• http://www.odysseyaudiosg.com
Re: Khartago+Etesian+Sonus Faber Concerto Home
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2004, 03:08 am »
Andy,

Yeap... I think Khartago+Etesian+Concerto would be a very good combo. Very, very good combo.

As for CDP, why not try the Xindak SCD2? I am using it in the Singapore showroom. Very fast and dynamic CDP despite having a tube output.

Go check the Xindak SCD2 out. :)

Alex

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jul 2004, 04:37 am »
Quote from: Barry
Andy,

Etesian arrived.  You are welcome to try the combination of Etesian/Khartago.  You may bring your CD or speaker if you want to try it out.  If you bring your gear, we need to arrange a private schedule for you.

Odyssey HK

Can you tell us something a little more about Etesian ?