FS: Berkeley Alpha Series 2 - SOLD

Geophysicist

FS: Berkeley Alpha Series 2 - SOLD
« on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:25 pm »
This Berkeley Alpha Series 2 is in absolutely mint condition and is approximately 6 months old. It was a reviewer's unit. I bought it 2 weeks ago to replace my Alpha Series 1, used it for a total of 5 hours, and now have decided to pursue a different direction (hint - if it had an analog input, you'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands).
I can tell you one thing right up front. Digital through the Alpha is as close to analog as you're likely to get, and of course is in some ways superior. No noisy little nasties, for example. My old Series one had me listening to digital roughly 50% of the time, which I never would have thought possible. Series 2 is a distinct improvement in several areas, most notably in soundstaging. Listener's fatigue is a thing of the past.

Original box (plus a double box), manual, and remote are included. As I've said, it is spotless, and only just broken in. You will not find a better example short of brand new.

Asking price includes shipping and insurance within the CONUS. I will not ship outside of the US, so please do not ask. I accept Paypal as long as you cover the fee. Cashier's checks or money order are also welcome. Lowball offers are not invited. I have a little wiggle room on price, but not much. Please do not hesitate to ask questions. See my feedback on Audiogon (id = Curriemt11) and buy with confidence.

« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2012, 03:04 am by Geophysicist »

Geophysicist

Re: FS: Berkeley Alpha Series 2 - Reduced to $3750
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2012, 04:17 pm »
Bump for price reduction