unable to update BDP-1

Wim J

unable to update BDP-1
« on: 17 Sep 2012, 10:43 pm »
My BDP-1 is connected to the home network and the internet through a switch an a router. When I follow the steps in the procedure and disconnect all USB drives I can do a reset to factory, after this I acces the 'bryston-bdp-1.loca'l and choose 'settings'. I fill in the default username en password 'bryston' and I get this error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) PHP/5.3.3-7+squeeze1 with Suhosin-Patch Server at 192.168.1.105 Port 80

Only if I leave the USB-drive connected I can sometimes get to the settings page. But even then nothing happens if I selct 'firmware' and the . bin file on my desktop. I waited for hours but nothing displays on the BDP-1 or the pc.

I have some experience in IT but I can't see what I'm doing wrong here. The procedure looks easy, but is NOT working!

Is there a more userfriendly way to update the BDP-1?

please help.

W7 desktop PC running firefox and BDP-1 sn 000679

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: unable to update BDP-1
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2012, 11:23 pm »
Hi

Try Chrome or Safai and see if that helps

james

BrysTony

« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2012, 01:27 pm »
Your network must be connected to the internet during this process so that the .bin file can access the internet and download the firmware.  You might check that to see if you are connected.

Tony

jjc1

« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2012, 04:15 pm »
  Wim J, this happened to me. The only solution is to contact Chris at Bryston. He will connect to your BDP1 and fix it.

Wim J

« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2012, 05:04 pm »
Hi

Try Chrome or Safai and see if that helps

james
All other browsers known to me gave the same result.

Wim J

« Reply #5 on: 18 Sep 2012, 05:06 pm »
Your network must be connected to the internet during this process so that the .bin file can access the internet and download the firmware.  You might check that to see if you are connected.

Tony
PC with .bin file on the desktop and BDP-1 are connected to my home-network. All connections can connect to the internet.

jjc1

« Reply #6 on: 18 Sep 2012, 05:09 pm »
PC with .bin file on the desktop and BDP-1 are connected to my home-network. All connections can connect to the internet.
  Call Chris at Bryston. Probaly the only way to fix it.

Wim J

« Reply #7 on: 18 Sep 2012, 05:25 pm »
  Call Chris at Bryston. Probaly the only way to fix it.
OK, I will send him a mail and forward my router to the bdp-1 adress.

But why do I get this 'internal server error'-message if I click 'settings'. I can't even start the update! I can not acces the settings page. This problem started after I did a reset to factory,....

jjc1

« Reply #8 on: 18 Sep 2012, 05:27 pm »
  That is exactly what was happening to me. The BDP just got stuck after initializing and I could get no further. Chris fixed the problem in about 15 minutes.

Wim J

« Reply #9 on: 18 Sep 2012, 07:35 pm »
I hope Bryston will be able to solve this issue remotely. But I still think this shouldn't be happening! :(

Marius

« Reply #10 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:12 pm »
have you tried unplugging the mains?
Had a hang once or twice, and only really unplugging it helped. As opposed to powering down with the power button.

Marius

I hope Bryston will be able to solve this issue remotely. But I still think this shouldn't be happening! :(

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #11 on: 19 Sep 2012, 05:14 pm »
Chris tells me problem solved.  :thumb:

james

Wim J

« Reply #12 on: 19 Sep 2012, 08:22 pm »
Chris tells me problem solved.  :thumb:

james

Indeed,  I can acces my 'settings'-page again. I forwarded my DDNS adress to my BDP-1 for the time being.  In this way Chris Rice was able to acces my BDP-1 remotely and solve the problem. I also asked if he could update my BDP-1 remotely. I'll keep you all posted.

Anyhow again a  :thumb: for Brystons customers-support  :D