FS: Dodd Battery Pre-amp Latest Generation: : SOLD

morganc

FS: Dodd Battery Pre-amp Latest Generation: : SOLD
« on: 16 Sep 2012, 07:18 pm »
I am raising funds for my home purchase and cleaning out the racks.  Up for sale is the latest generation Dodd Battery Pre-amp.  This unit is not a variable gain unit, but is a single high gain with a single tube.  It can run off of any 6V or 12 v tube and is internally selectable.

Price new:  $1500

Includes: Remote

Price:  $1200 plus shipping, PP fees

References:  Audiogon same username, perfect feedback.

Extras available but not included:  Price for battery and charger $100 for both as a package.  Price for tube $100
1. Battery: 35 Ampere Battery:  I have run it for up to three days at a time without it dying once.  You never want to fully discharge a battery and I never have.
2.  CTEK Charger:   CTEK Multi US 3300 12-Volt Smart Battery Charger $70:  This is the one that everyone uses and has no sonic signature on the battery, i.e you can always leave it on, even while listening.
3.  6H30 DR Super tube
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2012, 11:52 pm by morganc »

Cheeseboy

Re: FS: Dodd Battery Pre-amp Latest Generation: $1200
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2012, 07:15 pm »
Was the DR the only tube you tryed in this unit.  I have heard from Gary Dodd it is the wonderkind for this preamp.  I'm running the gold ends.  I've never heard the DR. 

morganc

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2012, 07:36 pm »
Yes, I used the Dr almost exclusively.  I did try a Amperex 6DJ8 but it was too microphonic and I was picking up the local radio station. 

I have been tempted to try out a Russian 6n6 tube as I have heard great things about it's warmth, and that if you get the right one, it is even better than the 6H30-DR (though Trung and others say it is not)

Cheeseboy

« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2012, 10:49 pm »
UR going to miss that pre-amp.  I just know it.  You can visit mine when we house trade. 

But you are going to miss that pre-amp.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2012, 11:44 am »
UR going to miss that pre-amp.  I just know it.  You can visit mine when we house trade. 

But you are going to miss that pre-amp.
I've got several items in my system that are nice pieces, but the anchor of the system is the Dodd battery pre.  That's a world class unit for only $1200.  Someone is going to get a heck of a deal.
Cheese is right, you are going to miss that pre.

morganc

« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2012, 11:57 pm »
Yes, she is a beauty and definitely world class :thumb:   I had to buy a Pre-amp that retails for $11,000 to replace her.  Nothing in this price range come close.   

TrungT

« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2012, 03:00 am »
This pre did sound great on my system.
 :thumb:

morganc

« Reply #7 on: 22 Sep 2012, 07:30 pm »
Sold$$$$$