Aksonics to audition?

Carlman

Aksonics to audition?
« on: 7 Jun 2004, 05:04 pm »
Has anyone in the Mid-Atlantic or Southeastern regions built a pair of Aksonics?  I've been reading the few reviews/impressions/etc. on them but you just don't know what they sound like until you hear them.  So, if anyone has any that would like to share, please let me know.

I'd still be interested in opinions on the sound quality.  It's not as good but will possibly give me the confidence to buy a pair.... It worked with the AKSA 100!  :lol:

I guess I could build a pair and see but I didn't want to have to do that.  (It's a lot of work for someone who doesn't care for wood-working but wants the resulting product to look like a million bucks.)

My biggest concern is making a system work in a small room.  The tune-ability factor is the biggest selling point so far.  My room is 10 feet by 12 feet and is reasonably well-treated.  I will have an RTA and I want to tune to a flat response curve with room treatments and the speaker placement and port tuning.

Thanks for any help/advice/tips/audition possibilites,
Carl

fos

Aksonics to audition?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2004, 10:58 pm »
g'day carlman

excuse me for butting in on your post, i cant help with the listening tests as i have the same request...in the sydney (australia) area.... any offers?

oorrroo

foster

E TYPE PHIL

Aksonics to audition?
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun 2004, 12:44 am »
Foster

I would be happy to arrange for you to hear the Aksonics ( I have both versions) . Please contact me off the board.

Phil.

AKSA

Aksonics to audition?
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2004, 12:54 am »
THANK YOU PHIL!!

Hugh

Carlman

Aksonics to audition?
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:04 pm »
Now if someone would just buy me a plane ticket....  :lol:

Let us know how you like 'em!

audion

Aksonics in Southern California
« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2004, 05:52 pm »
Anyone who assembled and is willing to offer an audition? I am in Southern California, and wouldn't mind a couple hour drive.