Custom Seas Froy Monitors Baltic Birch - SOLD

baileyler

Custom Seas Froy Monitors Baltic Birch - SOLD
« on: 10 Sep 2012, 12:12 am »
CUSTOM SEAS FROY MONITORS STEREO SPEAKERS - SOLD

I am continuing to clean out some equipment, so I have this very nice sounding pair of custom monitors for sale.

These monitors are based on the Seas Froy design, which is a 2-way construction with a tweeter flanked on each side by mid-bass drivers. Spec on the Seas Froy is a response of 50-25000 Hz, 90 dB efficiency, 4 ohm impedence and a continuous operating power of 140 watts (400 watts peak).

These are upgraded with baltic birch cabinets and an optimized port position in back. The speakers have excellent bass response for a monitor (and would be even better set up closer to a wall than I have them).

Functionally they are in excellent condition.

There are a very few minor cosmetic issues, the most noticeable of which is a slight damage to one of the mounting screws and some surface scuffing on one of the tweeters (does not affect the tweeter element).  Assume that there will also be some scuffing on the bottoms of the speakers (they are held onto the stands with blue sticky putty).  All of the issues are NOT noticeable from a distance, have absolutely NO effect on performance, and could readily be touched up. I will, however, leave any touch up to the new owner.

There is also a pair of heavy duty stands that are included in any local deal (Chadds Ford, PA, zip 19317). If shipping is involved, the stands are not included.

The component cost alone on these speakers is a significant multiple above my sale price. While I am not the builder of the speakers, it is clear on inspection and listening that the workmanship is top notch. You simply cannot touch this level of quality at this price point.

I can provide additional pictures or info on request.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Please note that these speakers are being sold 'AS IS'.

The speakers are available for local demo, which I would recommend (so you can confirm functionality prior to purchase).

Payment can be via money order/cashier's check/personal check preferred but, except for US Postal Money Orders, all must clear my bank first. Cash is OK for a local transaction.

I also accept Paypal for convenience (add 3% to for USA). IF YOU PAY VIA PAYPAL, HOWEVER, A CONDITION OF YOUR PAYMENT IS THAT YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO FILE A PAYPAL CLAIM OR CHARGE BACK (but do retain the right to sue me in court should you so desire).

I will only consider shipping within the USA. In any case, the buyer is responsible for all shipping charges. I will securely pack.  As indicated before, the stands will not be shipped. If shipping is involved, I would prefer to ship via FedEx ground.

Please check my feedback on Audiogon, Videogon and Ebay (ID=baileyler) and buy with confidence.

« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2012, 04:42 pm by baileyler »