Help with the room again

bluemike

Help with the room again
« on: 9 Sep 2012, 01:00 am »
More advise from the experts Please  :scratch:
This is what my current setup looks like

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[/quote]  A Few changes since the last photo
I have moved the speakers another foot forward and quite happy with the results with this change comes a few issues  the right speaker is now in the same plane as the absorber on the wall to the right  -this can't be good
Also i've removed the left hanging absorber (blue in colour) shown above and re positioned it against the far left wall to cover the Laundry room entrance . (room can't be seen in photo)

With these changes I noticed that now my right absorber is parallel to my speaker.  Is there such thing as an absorber being too close does this reduce it's overall effectiveness

Do I need to revisit first reflection points once more as a result of moving the speakers forward 1 foot or so?

On the right side wall I also wanted to go with a 4" thick absorber vs  2" as suggested by Bryan (GIK)   not sure how this is possible as there isn't much space between wall and speaker already without going thicker

Opinions appreciated

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Help with the room again
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2012, 01:45 am »
See my recent post on your other thread...

Always go for as full/wide of frequency spectrum possible.  The GIK 244 panels help bass more than nearly any other comparably priced products.

Speakers still look close to side walls.  Recommend you keep playing around with speaker positioning (hard to give exact advice as your room is rather unique).  Try turning them towards the center of the room (listening position).