The Boulevard Theater in Las Vegas Goes with Magnepan 1.7

Boulevard Theater

The Boulevard Theater has decided to use 1.7 in our main VIP Lounge/ Listening room.  We Looked at going with about 6 other speaker companies and they are all great products but after dealing with Wendell the choice was simple. 
After about 100 hours of burn In I can only tell you that you will have to spend about 5x the money to get better sound than the 1.7.  A lot of times the audio mags will give a GREAT award not because the product is worthy, but because you spent money with there marketing department.  Not here the 1.7 deserves every award that it has been given.  The speaker delivers sound in such a way that moves your spirit.  I can go on and on about placement, and the acoustics of the Planer, but the bottom line is when I play Chris Botti, I feel like I am in the 5th row.  When I listen to Mary J. Blige my heart feels her pain as the sound hits my ears.  When Stevie Ray Vaughn is strumming his guitar I can feel the smoke penetrate my lungs in the speakeasy.  Yes the imaging is wonderful, and what these speakers do in the midrange at any price is fantastic. Bass is thin but nothing a good sub can’t correct.  Bottom line is after hearing these speakers nothing comes close for the money.  Yes this (speaker) does that and that (speaker) can do this but, at what cost.  These speakers cost less than my power conditioners. The best value in Audio I have ever seen and I have been doing this for 30 years....

Equipment

Cables:   Straight Wire
Preamp : Benchmark HDR-1
Amp:       Cherry ULTRA
Source:   Mac book Pro running Amarra
THE ROOM HAS BEEN TREATED

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
Re: The Boulevard Theater in Las Vegas Goes with Magnepan 1.7
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2012, 02:15 am »
Well, there you go! Thanks for the splendid review and congratulations on your superb loudspeaker selection. I'm curious about the size of the lounge and the setup arrangement.

I was mighty impressed with the pair I had a few opportunities to demo.

I'll give up my 3.7s when they pass me through the furnace.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2012, 04:48 am »
Great choice! I love mine  :thumb:

Rclark

« Reply #3 on: 1 Sep 2012, 04:59 am »

That's pretty damn cool. I'll make sure to check this place out next time in Vegas.

Boulevard Theater

« Reply #4 on: 1 Sep 2012, 05:41 am »
The Theater it's self is just under 25k sqft  the ViP Lounge is 16ft wide and 26ft long but it's sectioned off with a couch and lounge chairs. Seating is 8 feet away from the speakers. The speakers are 4ft from the rear wall and 3ft from the side wall. Toed in and 8 feet apart. With bass traps and acoustic panelling in the room.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #5 on: 1 Sep 2012, 11:37 am »
We like pictures...

medium jim

« Reply #6 on: 3 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm »
Any affiliation with the Boulevard Hotel in Las Vegas? 

Jim

ajzepp

« Reply #7 on: 6 Sep 2012, 06:13 am »
kudos to the Boulevard Theater for their excellent taste in speakers!  :thumb: