Acoustic Solid Turntable

LeeH

Acoustic Solid Turntable
« on: 22 Aug 2012, 03:33 pm »
Hi All

Been looking at a new TT and was wondering if anyone on here had any experiences of Acoustic Solid TT's, the model Im looking at is the solid 111 finished in wood and not acrylic

Here is some info on the model

Strong on performance, sensible on price sums up the philosophy behind the Solid 111 from Acoustic Solid. The model employs proven technology from the Acoustic Solid range, including the use of a high-precision "zero tolerance" bearing. The separately located motor also provides an extremely efficient means of preventing residual motor vibration from reaching the platter and disturbing the stylus. The Solid 111 is available with either a transparent acrylic chassis or in wood. Both alternatives can be supplied as turntable-only, or setup complete with a re-branded Rega RB100 tone arm and MM cartridge. A clear acrylic cover is available as an optional extra.

Platter: 30mm
Mat: Natural leather with a 3mm acrylic layer
Motor: Synchronous, M1 microprocessor-controlled, separately housed, with string drive
Support: Three individually adjustable feet
Chassis: 25mm thick acrylic or wood plinth
Dimensions: W 450mm, H 190mm, D 340mm, weight approximately 13kg

the price over here in the UK with a Rega RB 100 arm and MM cart is £995 / $1571

Any help much appreciated

Here is an image

Ericus Rex

Re: Acoustic Solid Turntable
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2012, 04:33 pm »
I almost bought a used Solid Machine Small a couple of years ago.  Didn't pull the trigger and it was gone by the time I had reconsidered the error of my ways.  It was built like a tank.  Seemed like a super nice bearing on it too.  I really regret not getting that one when I had the chance since they are very rare on the used market.  I've seen the model you're looking at in a shop but haven't had the chance to hear one yet.  They look very nice!

tybee

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2012, 11:02 pm »
I think I am the one who beat you on the Solid Machine Small which I still own. It is a well built string drive table that has the capability to add multiple arms.

It is in my main rig with a classic LP12 as a back up.  It's sound would be considered modern as it helps dig out as much detail as your cartridge will allow without loss of musicality.

Sorry, I can't help on the model posted

J-Pak

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2012, 03:49 pm »
No comment on the Acoustic Solid since I have not heard one, but since you are in the UK and there is a good dealer network/support for Nottingham Turntables my suggestion is see if you can listen to one of them. I have upgraded about 4 tables in the last few years and am thrilled with my Spacedeck.

sts9fan

« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2012, 04:50 pm »
I would definitely upgrade to a RB301.  The RB100 is pretty cheap.