Back into Pilot gear...Good vibes!!

Whitese

Back into Pilot gear...Good vibes!!
« on: 21 Aug 2012, 02:46 pm »
I have had all kinds of tubed Pilot gear...But the itch returned as I never had the 246/248 Integrateds that have a 7591 SS rectified amp in it...probably a preamp that matches the SP-210.   I have had the SA-264 amp before and liked it quite a bit.

So this unit with original box appears, I figured what the heck!! It has ZERO issues...plays like a champ and its really like new...underneath there is no evidence of heat at all.

medium jim

Re: Back into Pilot gear...Good vibes!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2012, 02:50 pm »
A true thing of beauty!  Thanks for sharing it with us! 

Jim

Whitese

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2012, 02:54 pm »
Interior pics:

medium jim

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2012, 03:02 pm »
I be drooling :thumb:

Jim

smbrown

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2012, 03:51 am »
Not trying to be difficult, but do you find the brass feet make a substantive difference? Personally, I'd try to get rid of the ceramic caps before I spent the money on the feet, though they do look impressive. In fact, I love the interior shots, something really cool about vintage!

kbuzz3

« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2012, 03:47 pm »
Grear pics.   Think ill have to break out my 216a pre amp now

Whitese

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2012, 05:28 pm »
Not trying to be difficult, but do you find the brass feet make a substantive difference? Personally, I'd try to get rid of the ceramic caps before I spent the money on the feet, though they do look impressive. In fact, I love the interior shots, something really cool about vintage!

The brass feet were just laying around, and I need them to have clearance to install the somewhat stiff speaker cables from below the screws.   The unit will be recapped within 3 weeks!!..:-)

Whitese

« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2012, 05:28 pm »
Grear pics.   Think ill have to break out my 216a pre amp now

Nice...I had one for a bit...I miss it!!

Brett Buck

« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2012, 12:38 am »

The ceramic capacitors are OK in this application, there is no need to change those. The electrolytic capacitors in the power supply are a much bigger concern, and I would replace those just to be safe.

Brett

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #9 on: 3 Sep 2012, 01:08 am »
pilot gear rocks and is a treat for the eyes as well as the ears.

doug s.