Need to rent a pop-up trailer in OK or Texas

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Need to rent a pop-up trailer in OK or Texas
« on: 19 Aug 2012, 06:13 pm »
Not sure if this should be listed in Spectator Sports or Cars, but here goes.

I am being forced to go camping near a NASCAR race in Texas Nov 1st-5th.  A brother-in-law is a crew chief on a NASCAR team, and his whole family gathers at a nearby campground to see him in the evenings.

I have married into that family, so I get dragged along, and my wife wants to rent a decent pop-up trailer or even a small RV.  Anyone in Missouri/Oklahoma/North Texas have something I can rent?  I have a Buick Roadmaster wagon with a class III hitch but I don't want to buy one just to use once or twice a year.

Any ideas?  Sources?  Non-smoker, non-drinker, and no, I will NOT be attending the damned race!    :duh: :banghead:

rpf

Re: Need to rent a pop-up trailer in OK or Texas
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2012, 06:40 pm »
No trailer - and I live a couple of thousand miles way -  but much sympathy.  :roll:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2012, 03:27 am »
 :lol: :thumb:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2012, 04:27 am »
It looks like this may be at Texas Motor Speedway north of Ft. Worth.  Skip camping and get a motel.  If your wife insist, buy her a Walmart tent and cot, and get yourself a motel.  Contact member ArthurS as I think that is his part of town... he has a killer system and is often open for AC visitors.   :thumb:

gooberdude

« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2012, 04:40 am »
Isn't there enough room in the back of the Roadmaster?     

Grab one of those trailer hitch toilet seats & you're all set.     :lol:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2012, 12:19 pm »
It looks like this may be at Texas Motor Speedway north of Ft. Worth.  Skip camping and get a motel.  If your wife insist, buy her a Walmart tent and cot, and get yourself a motel.  Contact member ArthurS as I think that is his part of town... he has a killer system and is often open for AC visitors.   :thumb:

The helluvit is my wife is on a one-year work assignment to Dallas and she LIVES in a nice hotel down there, but she STILL wants to be at the campgrounds the whole time.  We have tons of camping gear, but her family chose a campground that doesn't allow tents.  So far it looks like $400 to rent a popup trailer for a few days.   :duh:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm »
Isn't there enough room in the back of the Roadmaster?     

Grab one of those trailer hitch toilet seats & you're all set.     :lol:

Damn, GD, I never even thought of that!  Thanks!

We could even skip the trailer hitch toilet!  After all, it's NASCAR!   Who bothers to use a toilet?   :peek: