Welcome to AC!

Marbles

Welcome to AC!
« on: 6 Feb 2003, 11:50 pm »
Glad to have a vendor that specializes in tuning and teaking the room!

ZooDog

Welcome to AC!
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2003, 03:23 am »
Cool stuff.  It's nice to see some reasonably priced room treatment products.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Welcome to AC!
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2003, 03:33 am »
Yes, very cool stuff.  Welcome!  Acoustical treatments for bad or mediocre rooms give as much or more of an improvement than changing a component in the system - very wise purchases regardless of the quality of the rest of the system.  Whether is system is inexpensive or more than the cost of a european luxury car, they ALL benefit from a well treated room.

ZooDog

Welcome to AC!
« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2003, 03:45 am »
There is a shop near where I live that has perfectly proportioned rooms which are treated to the nines.  I'm convinced that just about anything would sound great in them.  I find it hard to evaluate components there just because it is so easy to get sucked into the music.

WilliamL

The Value of Room Treatments....
« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2003, 04:05 am »
Tyson, Zoo Dog, Marbles....

Yes, its amazing that a lot of people forget that the ROOM is as important as fancy electronics, cables, and speakers. Yet, accoustical treatments remain an afterthought for many.

The funny thing is that a lot of time, for about 10% the cost of a component upgrade, you can get about 50% better performance just by adding acoustic treatments. And lets face it, we all love and seek out good value in this hobby.

By the way...We just got a nice review on our Response line of products over at www.ecoustics.com. Please check it out...

Cheers,
Eighth Nerve

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Welcome to AC!
« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2003, 02:57 pm »
Welcome to the AC party, Bill!  I must admit this is the first I've heard of Eighth Nerve, but I look forward to hearing more.  My research into acoustics and room treatments, as well as my experiences, has taught me that the room is easily the most important component in a music system, and usually the most neglected.  How many people have spent several thousand dollars on components, cables, etc and not given a thought to the room all that gear sits in?

The problem with room treatments thus far has been you have to be prepared to do a lot of work researching and DIY'ing or spend a lot of money on prefab acoustic panels.  Looks like you're changing the rules.  I look forward to learning about your products and giving them a try.