SEAS Loki MKII, Madisound kit, 2-way coaxial - $450 obo

JM

Now on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180997637331?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I've built this pair of Loki MKII about 2 years ago from a complete Madisound kit. It has been gently used in a domestic environment. The kit is built around the SEAS Prestige T18RE/XFCTV2 (H1333) 7" coaxial driver. It is easy to place in a room and works well positioned close to walls.

Cabinets look very good in Maple finish, clean Scandinavian style. One has a small dent on the side (see picture).

Crossover is the premium version with Mundorf caps and Goertz air core inductors. Internal walls are lined with Deflex panels for better cabinet resonance control. These speakers sound very musical with a smooth and detailed midrange. The fabric tweeter is super smooth. Soundstage is superb from the point source the coaxial driver provides. It is open and wide, even when the listener isn't precisely in the sweet spot. They sound big! Much bigger than their modest size might suggest.

Total paid for the kit with all upgrades was about $800 (plus shipping).

Specifications:

8 ohm impedance
87dB sensitivity
Frequency response: 46Hz (@-3dB) to 25kHz
Power handling: 80W Long Term, 250W Short Term
Cabinet dimensions: 8" wide x 15” tall x 11" deep

« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2012, 04:53 pm by JM »

kenreau

Re: SEAS Loki MKII, Madisound kit, 2-way coaxial - $450 obo
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2012, 03:51 pm »
Nice job on those speakers! 

I was seriously considering purchasing one a couple of years ago to use as a Center channel speaker in a HT set up.  I really like the coaxial design concept.  I imagine this would be a great set up if someone was to purchase these for the L & R front speakers, then add another another as a CC.  You would achieve that ideal of 3 of the same speakers across the front for your HT.  Two buddies could also buy them and each gets a superior Center channel out of it for a great price.

Good luck with your sale.
Kenreau