Effect power cord from wall outlet to Exactpower EP15A

hrosenba

Hi,
I've used an Exactpower 15A AC regenerator for >1 year.  Can anyone explain the marked effect on sound of the power cord going to the Exactpower from the Wall?  I do not have a dedicated line going to my listening (living) room.  It is very easy to distinguish between a Element Terminator, TEL wire (not the high current), and a Bolder Nitro+, while not changing power cords going from the Exactpower to CD player, preamp, or power amp.
Interested in your comments.
Happy listening,
Harvey

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: Effect power cord from wall outlet to Exactpower EP15A
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2012, 06:14 pm »
I just (yesterday in fact) put a new Pangea AC9SE four meter powercord in place of a pangea AC9 two meter powercord from dedicated outlet to my Furman REF20i power conditioner.

(I bought the cord to place from PC to amp, but thought I would break it in, at wall to PC.)
The difference makes me intend to leave it where it is.
The increase in dynamics, attack, PRAT, and mid and low bass was noticable.((('as if' no conditioner in place for negatives caused by them, yet all the positives stayed..cool)))
Not dramatic, but pleasant suprise. considering the jump was from a single Pangea AC9 to a AC9SE (twice the price cord) ((Also the longer length may play a part???))
So much so that i am leaving the cord where it is. And am going  to get another for PC to amp.

The cord cost me $300 after rebate. My Conditioner is a retail $3,500. and amp Bryston 4B-SST2 $5,000. Speakers Magnepan 3.6

electricbear

« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2012, 08:17 pm »
If you listen to Electrical Engineers they will tell you that the cords make no difference. I know that I hear huge differences in power cords but have yet to read an explanation of why from somone who really knows what they are talking about.

hrosenba

« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2012, 10:00 pm »
One could only state that power cords make no difference if he or she had not listened or refuses to accept what they're hearing. I'm not suggesting by any means that more expensive cords yield better sound, simply that different cords may result in very different sound.  In fact some moderately priced cords from Triode Wire Labs (preamp) and Wywires (power amp) have sounded better than some more expensive cables on certain components in my system.   OTOH, the TEL PC now going to the Exactpower, and an Omega Mikro going to my CD player.
Thanks,
Harvey

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2012, 12:24 am »
If you listen to Electrical Engineers they will tell you that the cords make no difference.
Not all.  Paul "Occam" is an E.E. and owns  kaplancable.com :wink:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2012, 01:23 am »
If you listen to Electrical Engineers they will tell you that the cords make no difference. I know that I hear huge differences in power cords but have yet to read an explanation of why from somone who really knows what they are talking about.

Lol, let me know when you get that explanation. I have theories and have heard plenty, but I think most cable designers go by intuition and WAGs (Wild-Ass Guesses).