After 35 years..........

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
After 35 years..........
« on: 28 Jul 2012, 03:30 pm »
............I finally scored the Mitsubishi DR-720 rack that I couldn't afford when I bought my first Mitsu gear.  :D

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: After 35 years..........
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2012, 05:42 pm »
Sweet looking rack, and setup. Congrats on the find.  8)

cheap-Jack

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2012, 08:03 pm »
hi.
............I finally scored the Mitsubishi DR-720 rack that I couldn't afford when I bought my first Mitsu gear.  :D

Out of curiosity, is it all because you want the orginal matching stand for the vintage Mitsu gear you still keep?

I admire yr Mitsu obsession after decades.

c-J

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2012, 08:08 pm »
hi.Out of curiosity, is it all because you want the orginal matching stand for the vintage Mitsu gear you still keep?

I admire yr Mitsu obsession after decades.

c-J

Still keep? Are you being droll?

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2012, 09:00 pm »
Mitsuman that is way cool thanks for sharing

PSB Guy

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2012, 09:20 pm »
..is it all because you want the orginal matching stand for the vintage Mitsu gear you still keep?
:scratch:
Very nice equipment rack, like it a lot...

Cornelis
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2012, 04:53 pm by PSB Guy »

cheap-Jack

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2012, 04:25 pm »
Hi.

Well, I can see clearly a Mitsu tape deck (?) on the top shelf of the rack from  yr link. Unless you "still keep" Mitsu gear, I don't see why you still want to acquire a rack of same brandname after "35 years" !!!

c-J

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jul 2012, 03:10 am »
Hi.
Well, I can see clearly a Mitsu tape deck (?) on the top shelf of the rack from  yr link. Unless you "still keep" Mitsu gear, I don't see why you still want to acquire a rack of same brandname after "35 years" !!!

c-J
c-j, that's a mitsu tuner preamp on the top shelf, and a fine piece it is, too.  as well as the mitsu amp on the bottom shelf above the record bin area.  while i can't see, it would not surprise me if the turntable is also mitsu.

while my tastes run towards tubes, mitsu made exceptional gear imo.  their amps and tuners especially, are competitive w/much spendier current gear...

doug s.

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jul 2012, 05:07 pm »
Yep Doug, that's one of my DP-EC2 mitsu decks.

And C-J, I can't seem to find any of your gear photos in the Systems or User Gallery sections.  :scratch:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #9 on: 30 Jul 2012, 05:38 pm »

And C-J, I can't seem to find any of your gear photos in the Systems or User Gallery sections.  :scratch:

he's to cheap to post pics...   :green:

doug s.

cheap-Jack

« Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2012, 01:01 am »
Hi.

he's to cheap to post pics...   :green:

doug s.

Good sound may not come from gear with gorgeous looking or with mega price tags.

I'd be really delighted to see what music software one get to supplement their gear, good looking or mega price tagged regardless.

So why should I worry to show the world how gorgeous lookingbe my gear while I am already very happy with the music it reproduces from my many many hundreds LPs??

It is the music how our gear reproduces we should worry, not how it is looked upon by whoevers!

My pen name may sound cheap to our readers, but my music taste is NOT cheapie at all.

c-J

PS: I've fully auditioned just last Jan the most expensive tube power monoblocks in the world- Audio Note Japan - retailed for over1/4 million USD a pair. So do I have to bother how & what gear you guys get to show in the gallery?

TONEPUB

« Reply #11 on: 14 Aug 2012, 01:16 am »
No, but you could bother to have some manners once in a while...

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #12 on: 14 Aug 2012, 01:24 am »
It's nice to finally score the stuff we couldn't afford back in the day, isn't it? I still always look for my old favorites.

Congrats!  :beer:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #13 on: 14 Aug 2012, 01:40 am »
c-j, your comment is about as relevant as you saying "my favorite color is blue" if someone asks you "how's the weather"?   :duh:

mitsuman's comment regarding your lack of info in your system/gallery section has nothing to do with cost and beauty of equipment - it can help folks in this hobby gauge someone's comments about what's important to that person when making references about sound and music, if they know what type of equipment that person enjoys.   not sure why i am bothering saying this; it is so freaking obvious.   :scratch:

doug s.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #14 on: 14 Aug 2012, 01:43 am »
No, but you could bother to have some manners once in a while...

sorry, tone, but if you look at the bulk of c-j's postings, you will realize this is not something he can bother to do...   :lol:

doug s.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #15 on: 14 Aug 2012, 02:51 am »
mitsuman,

Nice score...is that a DAC20 Tuner/Preamp up there I see?

I bought a well beaten and never updated model about 4 years ago and, although just a tad on the bright side (never updated, as mentioned), had an incredibly good moving coil section.

If anyone is looking for an inexpensive way to enjoy moving coils, a dual mono Mitsubishi DA-C20 is one way to do it (I think I bought mine for $150.00).  The tuner section is pretty dang fine, too :thumb:

It's a great space saver (preamp and tuner in one) and I thought it was a dang handsome unit, too:

John

cheap-Jack

« Reply #16 on: 14 Aug 2012, 11:13 pm »
Hi.
he's to cheap to post pics...    :green:
doug s.

Please don't tell us these quotations are of good manner.
What goes along comes along.

c-J

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #17 on: 15 Aug 2012, 01:42 am »
Hi.
Please don't tell us these quotations are of good manner.
What goes along comes along.

c-J
c-j, i was simply making a joke regarding your own chosen moniker.  your posts on the other hand, speak for themselves.

and while i don't need to speak for mitsuman, it is patently obvious that he was simply reacting to yet another one of your thoughtless posts.  you can be rude w/o even knowing you are being rude.  as i mentioned to tonepub.   8)

doug s.

doug s.

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #18 on: 15 Aug 2012, 02:29 am »
Moderator's, kindly delete this thread.  :duh:

cheap-Jack

« Reply #19 on: 16 Aug 2012, 12:25 am »
Hi.
c-j, i was simply making a joke regarding your own chosen moniker.  your posts on the other hand, speak for themselves.

and while i don't need to speak for mitsuman, it is patently obvious that he was simply reacting to yet another one of your thoughtless posts.  you can be rude w/o even knowing you are being rude.   as i mentioned to tonepub.   8)
doug s.

Joke or insult draw on a very fine line.

At least, I would not point fingers.

c-J