Sony XA9000ES SACD Player - Reduced!

fly_fish_nz

Sony XA9000ES SACD Player - Reduced!
« on: 28 Jul 2012, 02:00 am »
Updated: Price reduced to $799.

Sony's XA9000EX in beautiful condition with very light use, and including the original box and  copy of manual.  Sony's top of the line player when introduced, running three DACs per stereo channel on redbook. 

The reviews below were in standard configuration, but there is also documented improvement in analog stereo and multichannel by simply unplugging the ILink power plug (easy to do, but I haven't tried and compared it myself).

Great review where John Atkinson compares the XA9000EX to players 4 and 8 times the price, and concludes "Sony's $3000 SCD-XA9000ES is still among the better SACD players I have heard" and "Overall, Sony's SCD-XA9000ES offers superb measured performance, as I have come to expect from this manufacturer. John Atkinson, Stereophile":

http://www.stereophile.com/hirezplayers/1203sony/

Review by Kal Rubinson can be accessed on same page, where he concludes "Everything I said about the SCD-XA777ES in my review was equaled or slightly bettered by the SCD-XA9000ES, and the new model is an advance on its predecessor in both appearance and operation. As JA concluded in his December 2003 review, after comparing it to competitors going for as much as eight times its $3000 price, the "SCD-XA9000ES is still among the better SACD players I have heard." And, I will add, it's a superb CD player. For all that, it's well-priced."

$799 or best offer.  Buyer pays for shipping of choice and paypal fees if used.  I can usually ship within 24 hours with paypal or US post office money order.  All other forms need to clear my bank before shipping which can take 5-10 days.  Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2012, 03:35 pm by fly_fish_nz »

fly_fish_nz

Re: Sony XA9000ES SACD Player - Reduced!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2012, 10:00 pm »
Plenty of interest but no sale yet.  Price reduced to $799 OBO.  Thanks for looking.