2000 Toyota Avalon cd player

wedweb

2000 Toyota Avalon cd player
« on: 27 Jul 2012, 01:51 pm »
My 6 disc cd player will not play or eject the discs.  Anyone know a secret way of at least getting them out?  Anybody know how to repair these?  TY

electricbear

Re: 2000 Toyota Avalon cd player
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2012, 02:25 pm »
I fear that there may be no easy solution. You might have to remove the player and take it apart.
Perhaps Bob might know a solution.

mjmsound

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2012, 07:11 pm »
Did you try a jackhammer? :lol:
Car cd players you have to take apart and remove the cd's by hand.
Or remove the jam by hand. Either way it is not easy.

won ton on

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2012, 07:21 pm »
when i had a toyota it scratched my discs,so i stopped using it. now i use the ipod only or fm. i have heard you have to remove the player to get discs out, good luck

milford3

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2012, 07:41 pm »
The same thing happened to my brother.   His solution was to disconnect the battery cables then reconnect the cables.  This reset the CD player and is working just fine.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2012, 05:25 pm »
I suppose it depends if you want to save the unit or not.
If not, hammers do work well. Although screwdrivers are a bit less invasive.

If you'd like to keep the unit, I'd try milford's idea. The only change I'd make would be to pull the power cable from the CDP, not the whole car. Pulling battery cable from newer cars tends to piss them off, although being a '00, you might get away with nothing more than having to reset power seat/mirror radio station presets.

Bob

TrungT

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2012, 09:31 pm »
Pull the fuse.  :wink:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2012, 09:42 pm »
Well yea, in fewer words, you could do that too.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi TT!  :thumb:

Bob

carider3217

« Reply #8 on: 29 Mar 2013, 11:05 pm »
My CD player acted like yours.  Went to a dealer, they said "disconnect the positive (POWER) battery cable, WAIT AN HOUR for it to reset. Reconnect the battery cable."  Then they said the CD is full of discs and that if the CD player does not reset than you should buy a new cd player, cost $2300.00...so i left the dealer and parked in their lot. Then (1) i turned the radio on to a FM station, (2) pressed the "CD" button, (the FM radio station should go off),,, then i pressed the "eject" button. The screen showed "CD 1"...then i pressed the "CD" button again and the "Eject" button, it then showed "CD 2",,kept doing it until it said "No CD installed".   After that i could load and eject a CD.    I am trying the battery cable disconnect tomorrow (WAIT AN HOUR) to reset the entire CD player. The toyota technician said i will have to reset the clock, that the car will start up.

wedweb

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jun 2013, 11:47 pm »
Haven't tried that last post about disconnecting the battery cable yet. 

But a new problem jumped up ahead of the CD issue.  The VSC, VSC OFF and the check engine light are on.  I am assuming the braking is still good with the only thing being different is there will be no ABS?

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jun 2013, 11:50 pm »
As said previously disconnect the battery and wait a while...then reconnect.  It's a dadgum computer, reboot it.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #11 on: 22 Jun 2013, 12:11 am »
Do you have the security code?  It will probably reboot following the instructions in you owners manual IF you have the code.  If not Toyota will happily sell it back to you for a fee.

usp1

« Reply #12 on: 22 Jun 2013, 04:50 am »
Haven't tried that last post about disconnecting the battery cable yet. 

But a new problem jumped up ahead of the CD issue.  The VSC, VSC OFF and the check engine light are on.  I am assuming the braking is still good with the only thing being different is there will be no ABS?

The VSC lights come on automatically when the engine lights come on. (I have the same model Avalon). One unpleasant possibility is that you may have sludge building up. The 2000 Avalons have that problem.

wedweb

« Reply #13 on: 23 Jun 2013, 03:01 am »
I will try the battery thing.

As far as the sludge....mmmmm....sludge. :)