How to clean your GIK traps

Vaughan

How to clean your GIK traps
« on: 27 Jul 2012, 01:03 pm »
Hi guys,

How exactly do you go about cleaning your GIK traps? I have the tri-traps and there is a relatively big dirt mark in the middle of the panel. I really don't want to ruin this but I also can't live with the mark (brownish in colour). I have the off-white panels.

Contacted GIK, but I still need to send the pic so they can see what I'm talking about. I think the biggest issue is that if I clean the affected area then I'm probably going to have to clean the entire trap as the color will be different, which means I have to clean every trap. Just gives me a headache thinking about this.

What do you guys do if you have a dirt mark? Just a damp cloth, with cleaning solution? How do you get the solution out? Your tips, advice would be appreciated.

drummermitchell

Re: How to clean your GIK traps
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2012, 02:26 pm »
what about a portable upholstery steam cleaner.
For dust I use the brush attachment on our vacuum cleaner.

Vaughan

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2012, 04:56 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I'll show you a pic... just taking forever to upload. Dust on the surface isn't really a problem, but dirt that clings and seeps into the fabric, that is really the issue I have. 

I think let me organise the pic ... then you can tell me what you think.  Thanks again for the reply.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2012, 05:35 pm »
Yes please post it so we can see what's going on.  If possible, we'd prefer just to use distilled water unless you absolutely have to use some sort of solvent.

Bryan

Vaughan

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2012, 01:07 pm »
I do apologise for the huge delay! My mind has been elsewhere over the last few weeks and I completely overlooked this = brain fried.  :?

Will try to send that pic tonight.