Identify the motorcycle ridden by "John" in Lady Gaga video 'Judas'

Folsom

Can someone tell me what bike it is? He is riding in the back, and you get to see his rear wheel, which is older (not fat), and no seat for passenger.

AB

Good luck with that. There's not much to go on there. Maybe it's a Triumph Bonneville T120. The pipes seem to indicate a parallel twin but I am really just guessing.

Folsom

I know it is very little, but a lot of people know bikes like crazy.

mcgsxr

I would say a Harley flat track bike from that rear wheel.

Rclark

Good luck with that. There's not much to go on there. Maybe it's a Triumph Bonneville T120. The pipes seem to indicate a parallel twin but I am really just guessing.

man those are good looking.

srb

I was thinking of getting back into a motorcycle after many years, for part time economical transportation.  I don't need one particularly fast, but I wanted something with a little more oomph than most scooters.

I was kind of surprised that there were hardly any classic looking motorcycles being made any more.  They all seem to either be an angular Ninja or a low-riding cruiser.  There was one from Suzuki, a TU250X, but I wanted something more than a single cylinder 250cc.  But in the classic look of the old Triumphs and Nortons, I though it was really sweet looking and really nicely proportioned.

Steve

Rclark

Check out the Honda 919

srb

Check out the Honda 919

Looks like a Ninja Warrior.  Like I said, very few classic looking motorcycles being made today.  But thanks anyway.

Steve

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
It's a custom Harley Sportster 1200, all of the bikes in the video are Harley based

AB

It's definitely a hardtail bobber maybe like this one...

http://throttleyard.com/2011/04/08/nice-details-triumph-bonneville-hardtail-bobber/

Check out the scrawny looking kick start lever in the video.

Do a google image search for hardtail bonneville and feast your eyes.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
How about....this one... :lol:

doug s.

• makin' music
Looks like a Ninja Warrior.  Like I said, very few classic looking motorcycles being made today.  But thanks anyway.

Steve
if you want new, check out the triumph bonneville or thruxton.  and moto guzzi has a couple beautiful 750cc classic looking bikes.  but, also check out the plethora of wintage 70's/80's bikes.  plenty of eye candy, and nice rides, as well.  for 1/5 to 1/2 the cost of new.  unless you find something semi-exotic.  then only about the same price as new.   :green:

doug s.

Folsom

Well I love the look... I'm not impressed by the output of things like the Triumph. I want to travel on the Freeway. Right now I'm looking at maybe a Honda Nighthawk. The power to weight ratio on them is good enough to travel, and pass anything on the freeway I need too.

The 919 looks fantastic, and way out of my price range!

doug s.

• makin' music
Well I love the look... I'm not impressed by the output of things like the Triumph. I want to travel on the Freeway. Right now I'm looking at maybe a Honda Nighthawk. The power to weight ratio on them is good enough to travel, and pass anything on the freeway I need too.

true, the triumphs are not the fastest bikes out there.  but, that's not what they're about.  still, w/0-60 acceleration under 5.0 seconds, and top speed of 120mph, i am not sure they're insufficient for normal hooliganism and freeway runs...   of course, there are aftermarket speed parts if you need more...  8)

ymmv,

doug s.

Russell Dawkins

What you are saying is equivalent to dismissing an amplifier based on published power specs.

Folsom

The triumph might do 120mph, but how does it feel at 80mph? You know it weighs under 400lbs right? Really light bikes get tossed around a lot more at higher speeds in the wind. How does it do going up a hill? Hm Freeway savy, not freeway capable, might be a better notion.

And I disagree with the amplifier statement because engines are very different from amplifiers (I don't want to get into potential, peak, transient times, current vs voltage etc, but it is all real and measurable). There just isn't the "magic" factor no matter how many old people tell me idiot stories about 327's being better than 350's (granted with cars it is about gearing).

Also the Triumph's go for a pretty penny these days.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
How about one of the Triumph Triples? 
They sound kind of like an industrial shop vac stock but that can be fixed easily enough.

Russell Dawkins

The triumph might do 120mph, but how does it feel at 80mph? You know it weighs under 400lbs right? Really light bikes get tossed around a lot more at higher speeds in the wind. How does it do going up a hill? Hm Freeway savy, not freeway capable, might be a better notion.

And I disagree with the amplifier statement because engines are very different from amplifiers (I don't want to get into potential, peak, transient times, current vs voltage etc, but it is all real and measurable). There just isn't the "magic" factor no matter how many old people tell me idiot stories about 327's being better than 350's (granted with cars it is about gearing).

The voice of inexperience  :wink:

There is a "magic factor" with certain bikes and engines, but you have to physically experience it to know what it is, just as you have to listen to an amplifier or speaker to have a valid opinion. Specs for any of these things don't tell you what you really need to know, unless the intent is just to acquire some form of jewelry.

doug s.

• makin' music

to me, the triumph's weight would be better if it were lighter.   :wink:  one of the reasons i got a dr650 and conwerted it into a supermoto was cuz of its dry weight of 324 lbs.    my 'tarded dr650 excels on the twisty back roads, but it also does great at 80 on the highway; pulls strong to past 100.  tho admittedly i would prefer to take my buell s2 if i were planning on extended highway riding.  it weighs 450; i would love it more, if it weighed 400.  i have ridden the newer gas-in-frame air-cooled buells which weigh 400lbs and they are fantastic.

400lbs for a highway bike is perfect, imo...

but, i agree w/russell - you really need to ride a bike to get the feel for it. 

ymmv,

doug s.