FS: Tekton custom monitors

bigjppop

FS: Tekton custom monitors
« on: 14 Jul 2012, 03:25 pm »
SOLD. Thanks for looking.

Up for sale are a pair of custom Tekton Design monitors that I've had sitting in storage for a couple of years. I bought them on a whim and have only put about 5 hours on them in the entire time I've owned them. They are as close to new as you can get without getting them from the factory.

These speakers are built around the highly regarded Fostex FE168EZ 6.5 inch Sigma drivers:
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-6-fullrange/fostex-fe168ez-6.5-full-range-sigma-series/

These drivers alone go for 180 bucks each from Madisound and are rated at a 94.5 dB sensitivity.

The speakers are front ported to allow for placement closer to walls and in my room provide solid output to about 40 hz (based on the test tracks from my sterophile discs). The speakers are finished in Tekton's standard satin black finish.

If you're looking for a very efficient monitor that mates well with a low power tube amp, try these out; I've used them with several amps between 3 and 15 watts and have been pleased with them all.

I'm asking $515 USD shipped (I've got the original boxes and packaging) and paypal'ed CONUS.

Any EU forum members out there that are wanting to try these, please PM me; it will be worth your time, I promise.

« Last Edit: 4 Feb 2013, 11:07 am by bigjppop »

emmvette

Re: FS: Tekton custom monitors
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2012, 12:30 am »
PM sent.  Also, what are the dimensions?
Thanks.

bigjppop

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2012, 06:44 pm »
About 15 inchs tall, 10 inchs wide, 7 inchs deep.

If anyone needs exact measurements I'll get out my tape measure.

bigjppop

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2012, 01:26 pm »
I'm also open to trades. I'm looking for some Hifiman HE-500 headphones or a good strong amp to drive them. I like tube stuff and am open to nicely put together DIY amps.

bigjppop

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2013, 09:15 am »
It's been a while on these, but I've still got them. I've had a couple of people interested but no one has sent the cash.

Anyway, I'm moving soon and would like to unload some gear. If you're interested, make me an offer and let's see what we can work out.

Thanks for looking!

bigjppop

« Reply #5 on: 1 Feb 2013, 02:55 pm »
Any interest? Make me an offer.

jackthecat121

« Reply #6 on: 3 Feb 2013, 10:55 am »
PM sent yesterday. thanks.

bigjppop

« Reply #7 on: 4 Feb 2013, 11:07 am »