Squeezebox Transporter not playing

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
Squeezebox Transporter not playing
« on: 11 Jul 2012, 06:05 pm »
Hi all
it has been a tough week for me and computers. I run XP for the logitech server and go wireless to a Bolder modded touch for my main system and to an older Transporter for my in house/patio system. All worked fine until recently. Now my Transporter will not play (FLAC files) I can see that it is connected to the server with good signal strength and can see on the visual display on the front of the player  that the chosen song is shown as playing  but no progress on the time bar nor any sound. I Did a clean reload of the Logitech server, double checked all of the volume, file type settings etc but still not playing. I don't know if my Transporter just died or if I am missing a trick. The Touch plays fine. The only change recently to the Transporter was a firmware update to version 18. I don't know if that caused it as I dont play the in house system that much vs my Touch and main system. I also don't know how to roll back a firmware version to check it

Any help appreciated. I might just have to order another Touch as the Transporter is about 5 or 6 years old
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2012, 07:27 pm by David C »

04dgmsilv

Re: Squeezebox Transporter not playing
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2012, 08:32 pm »
When I had my transporter two items that often helped were the factory reset and the xilinx reset. I don't recall the procedures, but I'm sure you can google it.

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
Re: Squeezebox Transporter not playing
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2012, 09:36 pm »
thanks for the tips. I have tried the xilix reset (googled it and found it on the squeezebox forum) It reset but did not help. Tired of fooling with it today. I will do the factory reset in the morning and keep my fingers crossed