For me, this is the most exciting F1 season ever!

won ton on

Re: For me, this is the most exciting F1 season ever!
« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2012, 10:09 pm »
Hamilton should have stayed with McLaren,i think he made a big mistake.Hopefully he didn't go just for the money as it looks like he won't win at least till 14 when the turbos come back.Although he can always go to Ferrari when Alonso retires in 3 years. Mind you i could be wrong,we'll see.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 29 Sep 2012, 02:46 pm »
Interesting:  the Hamilton and Perez new teams came out to press before official word of Schumacher announcing his second retirement. :scratch:

Perez is a low risk investment to Mac and take Perez from Ferrari is a great move.

The Ferrari team already treated Perez as a second pilot, humiliating him, saying he had no experience enough to driving a Ferrari, the usual BS from Modena.

Crimson

« Reply #22 on: 29 Sep 2012, 02:59 pm »
Schumi should go to Ferrari for a year. Just for old times sake.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:04 pm »
Schumi should go to Ferrari for a year. Just for old times sake.
Here journalists with hot sources are saying exactly that indeed, Schumacher will return to Ferrari.
If true Massa days in a red card are numered only to 2012, he will drive a toy autorama in 2013.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 14 Oct 2012, 08:14 pm »
The TV narrators of this night Korean GP reported that the cause of the good performance of Felipe Massa car in the last races were some modifications that Ferrari did in suspensions.

And now the car has more grip and less wear on tires, and is more balanced in weight distribution.
On the final laps Rob Smedley(Massa's engineer) orderred over the radio to him slowdown to not pass Alonso. :duh:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #25 on: 14 Oct 2012, 10:30 pm »
What each team receive at the end of the year according their ranking in the constructors championship:
1º = 100
2º = 75
3º = 60
4º = 50
Etc...
In us millions dollars.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 20 Oct 2012, 06:04 am »
Interesting article about the Felipe Massa renewal with Ferrari Team, which expose the Ferrari characther:
http://fabioseixas.blogfolha.uol.com.br/2012/10/19/comunicado-oficial/

Hours after the brief announcement of the renewal of the contract with Massa, Ferrari posted on its website a bigger text, more festive, with statements by the pilot and Domenicali, the team principal.

It begins, indeed, with a foolish attempt to belittle the scoop of a Brazilian journalist. On Friday, the 12OUT2012, Lito Cavalcanti, from "SporTV" show, revealed that the announcement of the Massa renewal would come on Tuesday, 16OUT2012. Right on target.

Ferrari spends three paragraphs to say that "the ad should only happen next week, but both parties decided to hold the bull by the horns and do it now." A pun on the infamous Red Bull team.

It tries to make us believe, still, that the renewal was decided on Tuesday own in a conversation, in just one sitting at the table.

("You are either naive or a journalist. Decide now," he told me once Fernando Vieira de Mello, my first boss, in a didactic scolding-that I will never forget. Whenever I try to follow the path of the second alternative.)

The most interesting of the text, however, is a subtlety that comes just below. It has implications for the sport.

Are the Massa's statements.
The thing begins: "I am delighted to have reached an agreement. The Ferrari is my family on the slopes. "

Continues: "Throughout my career, drove cars with engines made in Maranello and can not see myself riding anything different! Firstly, I want to thank President Montezemolo and Domenicali faith in my work and support, even in difficult times. "

And, in closing: "The team and the fans can be assured that I will do everything in their power to help the Formula One team to achieve the goals that draw."

The first problem is that last sentence. And is all about, is intrinsic to the second: what he says.

Next season, Massa will be defending for the eighth year the most glorious team in the history of F-1. The team that sum more wins, pole positions, fastest laps, titles Builders and Pilots. The team with largest budget between the 12 teams of the starting grid.

But there is in any moment, in the ad, the word "champion." Or "title". Or any other that even from afar, make a minimal reference to some modest attempt to fight for the next championship.

Already is written, Massa next year will work for the team to reach the goals Ferrari set.

And even the cook at the Cavallino restaurant across the road Abetone Inferiore in Maranello, knows what that means.

This is one reason why the brazilians hate Ferrari.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2012, 07:15 am by FULLRANGEMAN »

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #27 on: 20 Oct 2012, 11:56 am »
I've been able to watch every session and race this year what a ball. Watch a race live sometime and follow all the F1 folks as they post it's very cool!
The Speed guys said that they won't be doing the races next year, Speed that is. Does anybody know what channel will provide coverage? I also find it odd that the NJ race got postponed until 2014 because they could not get whatever funding is needed. The location of the race, I would think would make it a slam dunk but I guess not. So close to NYC where some huge companies could entertain and do business, it strikes me as odd why that happened, any ideas on either topic would be great. :thumb:

richidoo

« Reply #28 on: 20 Oct 2012, 02:20 pm »
NBC has the broadcast rights for F1 in US now. Nobody knows what they will do with it, but they have a lot of channels to play with, as seen with their Olympic coverage. They may even show some races on internet, as they did with Olympic sailing and as do German and UK broadcasters. They have no technical excuse why not to show every race. But I would not count on seeing practices and qualifying also.  Fox statement said they gave a fair bid but it wasn't high enough. Sounds like a combination of they wanted out, and the inevitable Bernie contract shakedown, like NJ, Indy, Silverstone, etc, etc... 

SpeedTV will become Fox Sports One, and has a big baseball contract, and other sports. All those cool automotive fixup shows will be toast too. Varsha is under Fox contract, but Hobbo and Matchet are free to work for NBC. God help us if the booth is Paul Page, Danny Sullivan and Derek Daly. I stopped watching Indy Car because of those guys.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #29 on: 20 Oct 2012, 03:08 pm »
Hamilton should have stayed with McLaren,i think he made a big mistake.Hopefully he didn't go just for the money as it looks like he won't win at least till 14 when the turbos come back.Although he can always go to Ferrari when Alonso retires in 3 years. Mind you i could be wrong,we'll see.

Just my opinion, but I think Hamilton shot off his mouth 1 too many times. After all the bucks & time MacLaren put into his career, and patience with some really stupid mistakes early on, his shine was gone for them. Good on Perez, though as commented on 'the Hulk' might have been a better choice.  :dunno: While Button has had his down times, and often been berated as not living up to his potential, he's never bad mouthed his car or team to my memory, and as exhibited with the Braun, given the right car he's got the stuff.

Given how NBC has messed up so many other channels it will be interesting to see what happens. Of course Fox did a 'good' job on the SpeedChannel. Remember back in the old days when they showed vintage rally and race coverages, and F1 boats, and airplane racing ? Along with techincal items relating to all of those. Then it became SpeedTV and we got NASCAR reruns, truck races, 'Pimp my Ride', etc. At least we used to get 4 races on network broadcast, wonder how that will shake out.

richidoo - Agreed with regards to Page, Sullivan, & Daly. Daly drove me nuts when he subbed on the F1 coverage. Paul is a decent enough guy, I knew him back in the day club racing with the CenDiv SCCA. The lead 500 broadcaster thing kind of went to his head I think, though he always had a bit of an attitude. Danny just seems clueless most of the time. All that said, I couldn't do what they do, but one would think there are better alternatives.

All we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

ed :wave: 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #30 on: 3 Nov 2012, 08:59 am »
According to a German source, the height of Hulkenberg and Webber may had prevent them to sing with Ferrari, as they dont fit into the red car cockpit, which was designed for shortie pilots as Massa(1,66m) and Alonso(1,71m).
« Last Edit: 3 Nov 2012, 07:43 pm by FULLRANGEMAN »

richidoo

« Reply #31 on: 4 Nov 2012, 04:58 pm »
I think today's race was the most exciting race I have ever seen in 20 years. Crashes galore, even the ever popular aerial routine! Refs stayed the hell out of the on track fighting. Hamilton justifies his decision to move. Very low tire degradation and extremely high grip on the marble smooth track allowed lots of head to head racing among 5 world champions up at the front. This flies in the face of those who think weak construction fast wearing tires will add to racing excitement. The most visually beautiful track and lighting of the season. One of Vettel's greatest drives. Alonso still in the hunt. Button consistency. Webber and Massa demonstrate once again that they are midpack drivers in front row cars. And of course, the big surprise.... Gotta watch it yourself to find out!!

A perfect precedent to the US Grand Prix in 2 weeks, where it is likely the drivers  and mfgs championships will be decided.

mgalusha

« Reply #32 on: 4 Nov 2012, 06:17 pm »
What a superb race today, no spoilers from me either but what fun to watch.  :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #33 on: 4 Nov 2012, 08:24 pm »
AS I'm not a morning person (bed by 5am/up by noon), I missed this race. FWIW, SPEED CH has a F1 Abu Dhabi race repeat on shortly @ 4:30-7:00 pm est. My DVR is set.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

richidoo

« Reply #34 on: 4 Nov 2012, 09:39 pm »
Tifosi take heart, with Berlusconi's conviction, Luca's back in:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-04/bunga-bunga-vs-brrrrrm-ferrari-boss-challenge-berlusoni-italy-premier-race
I believe the race team will benefit if he is elected; not from his patronage, but from his absence.

Crimson

« Reply #35 on: 13 Nov 2012, 12:39 am »
So who's going? I'll be there this Friday.  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #36 on: 18 Nov 2012, 03:05 am »
Starting grid for F1 US GP, 19th race of the 2012 season:
 1 - Sebastian Vettel (Ger/RBR-Renault) - 1m35s657
 2 - Lewis Hamilton (Eng/McLaren-Mercedes) - 1m35s766
 3 - Mark Webber (Aus/RBR-Renault) - 1m36s174
 4 - Kimi Raikkonen (Fin/Lotus-Renault) - 1m36s708
 5 - Michael Schumacher (Ger/Mercedes) - 1m36s794
 6 - Felipe Massa (Bra/Ferrari) - 1m36s937
 7 - Nico Hulkenberg (Ger/Force India-Mercedes) - 1m37s141
 8 - Fernando Alonso (Spa/Ferrari) - 1m37s300
 9 - Romain Grosjean (Fra/Lotus-Renault) - 1m36s587
10 - Pastor Maldonado (Ven/Williams-Renault) - 1m37s842

Q2 eliminanet:
11 - Bruno Senna (Bra/Williams-Renault) - 1m37s604
12 - Jenson Button (Eng/McLaren-Mercedes) - 1m37s616
13 - Paul di Resta (Sco/Force India-Mercedes) - 1m37s665
14 - Jean-Eric Vergne (Fra/STR-Ferrari) - 1m37s879
15 - Sergio Perez (Mex/Sauber-Ferrari) - 1m38s206
16 - Kamui Kobayashi (Jap/Sauber-Ferrari) - 1m38s437
17 - Nico Rosberg (Ger/Mercedes) - 1m38s501

Q1 eliminanet:
18 - Daniel Ricciardo (Aus/STR-Ferrari) - 1m39s114
19 - Timo Glock (Ger/Marussia-Cosworth) - 1m40s056
20 - Charles Pic (Fra/Marussia-Cosworth) - 1m40s664
21 - Vitaly Petrov (Rus/Caterham-Renault) - t 1m40s809
22 - Heikki Kovalainen (Fin/Caterham-Renault) - 1m41s166
23 - Pedro de la Rosa (Spa/HRT-Cosworth) - 1m42s011
24 - Narain Karthikeyan (Ind/HRT-Cosworth) - 1m42s740

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #37 on: 18 Nov 2012, 10:14 pm »
Great race at the new F1 track in Austin, TX today.  Best competition of the year I think. P1 and P2 were never more than 2 seconds apart for the entire race.

The driver's championship was not decided.  It will be determined at the last race of the season in Brazil.

A great F1 season!

Frank Van Alstine

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 18 Nov 2012, 10:53 pm »
Felipe Massa had a good race and finished fourth. But it could have gone further he were not stoped by a dirty revolting attitude from his own Team.
Team Ferrari unbelievably acted against its second pilot again to earn one position on the starting grid for Alonso.
Few moments before starting the race Ferrari Team purposely violated the seal on the gearbox of the Felipe Massa car to force a penalty to him of 5 grid positions with the aim of favoring Alonso in one position on the starting grid!!...

With that dirty game Alonso went from 8th to 7th on the starting grid and went on to the clean side of the track.
Massa now starting from 11th made ​​a nice recovery race, with good maneuvers such as overtaking on Schumacher and Raikkonen and finished 4th.
Bruno Senna also performed well and was rewarded with a 10th place, which earned him one point.

It was much time I did not see an so dirty attitude of Ferrari Team, Iam sure this team will not be punished.
Im always amazed how F1 is a corrupt category.

Details:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2234963/Unites-States-Grand-Prix-2012-Ferrari-bend-rules-Felipe-Massa-gearbox-change.html
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2012, 02:37 am by FULLRANGEMAN »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #39 on: 19 Nov 2012, 02:34 am »
Incredible: Ferrari does not matter most to hide their devious tricks, and thanks to Massa:
http://www.f1passion.it/2012/11/f1-gp-usa-ferrari-dice-grazie-a-massa/
Austin, 18 novembre – Abbiamo deciso di ricevere la penalità correlata alla sostituzione del cambio (cinque posizioni in meno in griglia).
La scelta è stata fatta per fini strategici, con l’obiettivo di massimizzare la prestazione alla partenza di Fernando, ancora in lotta per il Campionato Piloti. Abbiamo visto ieri come partire dalla parte sporca della griglia sia molto penalizzante: il rischio di ritrovarci troppo lontani dalle posizioni di vertice già al primo giro era elevato. E’ stata una scelta condivisa con entrambi i piloti. Abbiamo sempre detto che l’interesse della squadra è superiore a quello dei singoli ed è questo lo spirito con cui abbiamo sempre agito, nella massima trasparenza: Felipe ha compreso le ragioni e ha dimostrato una volta di più il suo grande senso di appartenenza al team e di questo vogliamo ringraziarlo pubblicamente.