Help me "spend" my room treatments!

kingdeezie

Help me "spend" my room treatments!
« on: 5 Jul 2012, 06:23 pm »
Hello everyone!

After much reading about the benefits of short wall speaker placement, and given the distance I need to be away from my speakers in order for them to sound as good as possible given my room constraints, I have decided to move from long wall placement to short wall placement.

I have taken everything out of the room, and I am patching all of the holes from the room treatments, painting the room in a new color, and starting from scratch.

So now I need to know how to best position the acoustic treatments I have now in order to elicit the best sound quality in this new configuration. I need some advice.

Treatments I currently have.

8 GIK Tri-Traps (Placement of these is pretty self explanatory)
5 GIK Monster Traps.
8 GIK 244s
2 GIK QRDs

The room is 12x18.

My speakers are GR Research Line Source 6's. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Here are some pictures. Sorry for the poor quality, and also forgive the state of the room, it is being worked on.

Front wall where speakers will be.

Side Wall.

Other Side Wall.

Rear Wall.

The speakers will be anywhere from 3-4 feet from the wall behind them, but only about 18 inches from the side walls.

The seating position will be about 5-6 feet from the back wall.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

saisunil

Re: Help me "spend" my room treatments!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2012, 07:12 pm »
Congratulations ...
Your best bet is to get support from the source, the master, the man - Glenn :))

I think, no one can give you better advise for your system with their products ...

You know the the standard stuff - corners, first reflection point and front wall - beyond that it will depend so much on the placement of speakers and the bass response - perhaps you could place a pair on the side wall - next to each speaker or to the rear of each speaker.

Perhaps you need something in the rear wall or the ceiling ...

You are in good hands ...