Iron Maiden Live in Rio

Mag

Iron Maiden Live in Rio
« on: 29 May 2004, 09:02 am »
I bought this concert dvd because I have never seen IM live and I thought this would be the next best thing.
   First off there are some really good songs that I had not previously heard.  'Sign of the Cross' 'Dream of Mirrors' 'The Evil that Men do' 'Fear of the Dark' and if it were not for these tunes I'd rate this dvd a big fat '0'.
  For the fans at the concert it probabaly was an awesome show. But when that venue was tranfered to audio the results simply put, absolutely terrible! What were they thinking!
  Next we have the camera editing. For the entire show! The camera jumps from one shot to another with less than a 2 seconds gap. I could handle this for only 10 minutes then I had to stop watching. I hope whoever did this hatchet job never gets another chance at being a butcher. I never watch this dvd anymore just listen to it.
   Because of this dvd I am vary weary of buying any further IM music. I feel I was ripped off. The only decent thing would for IM to give money back to anyone who bought it.
  Rating 1 out of 5. Don't buy this dvd, you've been warned. :nono:

Mag

Iron Maiden Live in Rio
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2004, 11:50 pm »
Against my own advice I purchased the IM in Rio cd. ( trading in the dvd and some other duds) I read that the audio was better on the cd and after listening to it I'm satisfied although it's still not as good as I would have liked but acceptable.
    If you must have this album get the cd version Not the dvd.

Andrikos

Iron Maiden Live in Rio
« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2004, 09:01 pm »
You never learn, do you?
:)

I stopped listening to IM after 1988.
7th son of a 7th son was the last album I liked from them.
I heard they made a few good ones later but I didn't bother...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Iron Maiden Live in Rio
« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2004, 11:52 pm »
I liked Seventh Son quite a bit, but I also gave 'em up after that.  At least until Brave New World.  Dickinson had left for awhile but came back for that one, and I like it pretty well, too.  It's not as good as the older stuff, but a lot better than Fear of the Dark.  

As cheesey as the artwork for  Dance of Death is, I haven't had the courage to buy it.  Not for $16. :x

Lost81

Iron Maiden Live in Rio
« Reply #4 on: 5 Aug 2004, 12:09 am »
I particularly liked Bruce Dickinson's solo release, "Tattooed Millionaire."

The guy is a true Renaissance man: he is an instrument-rated pilot, one of the top 20 fencers in UK, and has written a novel. He is also college-educated.

-Lost81