NBA: Go Thunder

LadyDog

NBA: Go Thunder
« on: 13 Jun 2012, 02:09 am »
Sorry Heat fans, but hope they get their *** kicked.

TheChairGuy

Re: NBA: Go Thunder
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2012, 01:14 pm »
Thunder in 5 (said this before last night's Heat drubbing)

They just have too many fresh legs and too many tools to beat you. 

Boston took Miami to 7 games and the Celts are far past greatness - no comparison to OKC.

Great coaching Brooks, too :thumb:

Berto

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2012, 03:09 pm »
I absolutely LOVED IT!

Miami def lived and died by the 3 ball last nite.

I would take Durant over Lebron anyday, not too mention OKC fans alone can teach Miami fans a thing or two > Place was ROCKIN :thumb:

Audioclyde

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2012, 03:16 pm »
We Oklahomans are proud of the Thunder; besides their talent, the squad appears to be composed of sincerely nice young men who understand that it's all about "team" rather than "me".....

medium jim

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2012, 03:43 pm »
Simply put, Durant is a closer, James isn't.   Miami would be better off going to Wade to seal the deal when needed.   OKC will beat the Heat.  However, there are still six games scheduled. 

Jim

kbuzz3

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2012, 05:38 pm »
Its  always great to have someone or something to route AGAINST when your home team is not in a big game.  Plus "LEDone" makes is so easy.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2012, 01:55 am »
I want to see OKC win this, too. Not just because I want to see Lebron cry again, or because I hope he goes his entire career without a championship, but because of Derek Fisher.

Derek Fisher has five championship rings from his time with the Lakers. If he wins one now, he can have it sized to the middle finger of his other hand and proudly show it to Mitch Kupchak. Six rings will also make him tied with Michael Jordan, so he can show it to Kobe, too.

Of course, he can show them all to Lebron.  :thumb:

Go Thunder,

Jerry

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2012, 03:00 am »
I'm a big Shane Battier fan, but I just can't seem to get behind the Heat. Durant is the real deal.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jun 2012, 03:43 am »
It's Crunch Time.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jun 2012, 04:19 am »
If Labron wins a ring, it should be presented to him by the refs.

boynamedsue

« Reply #10 on: 20 Jun 2012, 04:46 am »
Tough loss for okc. I cant believe there wasn't better communication with Westbrook about the shot clock.

Rclark

« Reply #11 on: 20 Jun 2012, 05:26 am »
Go Sonics!

jhm731

« Reply #12 on: 20 Jun 2012, 06:15 am »

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #13 on: 20 Jun 2012, 11:38 am »

Danny,

This is one of the sillier things I have seen you say on AC.

While I am not a Lebron supporter, he is playing at a historic level in the playoffs (including the finals) and will have earned the title and MVP award if/when they win one more game.

George

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #14 on: 20 Jun 2012, 11:53 am »
Wow, folks are polarized to the point beyond logic.  The last couple of games have been decided by the refs, I am a Bulls fan with no dog in this fight.  It appears the NBA is giving the finals to the Heat period!   :nono:  Or just maybe the refs are star struck.

George I believe if you compare the numbers Lebron like all other NBA stars is having a good finals, nothing that sets any records, this is the finals.  Others have done the same or better and lost.  By the way great year end come back by the Giants :thumb: even if I am a Bears fan.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jun 2012, 12:04 pm »
Wow, folks are polarized to the point beyond logic.  The last couple of games have been decided by the refs, I am a Bulls fan with no dog in this fight.  It appears the NBA is giving the finals to the Heat period!   :nono:  Or just maybe the refs are star struck.

George I believe if you compare the numbers Lebron like all other NBA stars is having a good finals, nothing that sets any records, this is the finals.  Others have done the same or better and lost.

I also have no dog in this fight.  But unlike many I am not predisposed to hate Lebron.  I also disagree that the refs are biased or allowing the Heat to win. 

I was listening to ESPN on my way into work this morning and they were saying that Lebron's averages in points, rebounds, and assists for the entire playoffs and just for the finals were only matched once by Oscar Robertson - nobody else!  He has also scored 25+ in 14 straight playoffs games which is a record.

Take a look here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/46122/is-he-jordan-or-oscar-or-just-lebron

I am not saying that Lebron is better than Jordan or the other immortals...I am simply trying to point out that his stats are off the charts and that he is playing at an incredibly high level.

George

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm »

I was listening to ESPN on my way into work this morning and they were saying that Lebron's averages in points, rebounds, and assists for the entire playoffs and just for the finals were only matched once by Oscar Robertson - nobody else!  He has also scored 25+ in 14 straight playoffs games which is a record.

Take a look here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/46122/is-he-jordan-or-oscar-or-just-lebron

George
Don't think so... IIRC just last year Lebron was held to 8 points by Shawn Marion and Dallas. 
Oops. My mistake. I was reading it as 25 games, not 14. 
You're right. He's having a great playoffs.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #17 on: 20 Jun 2012, 12:22 pm »
The Refs are a factor but the Heat are playing better overall. 

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #18 on: 20 Jun 2012, 01:09 pm »
Our wife's (I understand not all of them) argue and talk about the "reality TV shows" and we just don't understand how they can get so emotionally involved or invested with these people.  Yet we do the same thing with these muilti million dollar athletes that could care less about us, other than our patronage.

It is a great series but I do wonder at times, after a badly officiated game, doesn't the league sit down with these refs and review tapes and try to get some sort of balance?

jwes

« Reply #19 on: 20 Jun 2012, 02:17 pm »
Anyone see how often Westbrook drove to the hoop and ended up on his butt?  Yet the first time he went to the line was late in the 4th quarter.  The NBA decided this "Finals" before it was played.  Too bad.

I don't really care either way (Bulls fan), but the NBA has too obviously decided to influence the outcome and so I'm done watching.  It's not sport.