Tempesta speaker configuration

Rocket

Re: Tempesta speaker configuration
« Reply #20 on: 15 Jun 2012, 01:54 pm »
Hi Rick,

I really like the pricing of your Pe cabinet tempests and I can only imagine how good they sound considering the very high quality components that you use in this design.

To provide clarification for me it would cost any extra $1000us for custom designed cabinet as opposed to the Pe designed speakers?  If so the Pe designed cabinet seems the way to go as it looks lie a nice design.

Cheers Rod

srb

« Reply #21 on: 15 Jun 2012, 02:28 pm »
To provide clarification for me it would cost any extra $1000us for custom designed cabinet as opposed to the Pe designed speakers?  If so the Pe designed cabinet seems the way to go as it looks lie a nice design.

Keep in mind that it would also cost an extra $1000 for custom veneer applied over the Parts Express enclosure, so if someone wants a custom look and likes the look of stacked plywood (some do, some don't), it is a better value for a 100% USA-built rock-solid heavy enclosure.

I'm curious to see the final price on the Tempesta Extreme floorstander, which would seem to tick every possible feature wanted in a high-end loudspeaker.

Steve

navin

« Reply #22 on: 15 Jun 2012, 03:10 pm »
The Tempesta stacked ply baltic birch version is $4,295/pr.

How would stacked ply compare with layered ply? By layered ply I am referring to making a curved frame and layering ply or MDF sheets on top of each other. The advantage of layered ply is that you can have a cabinet with curved sides with very little waste of wood.

The other advantage is that one can use a combination of various materials like resin bonded fibreglass, lead sheet, etc.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #23 on: 15 Jun 2012, 04:28 pm »
Hi Rick,

I really like the pricing of your Pe cabinet tempests and I can only imagine how good they sound considering the very high quality components that you use in this design.

Cheers Rod

The custom cabinets add your choice of veneer plus hardwood trim on all four front edges. We also replace the front baffle and add the magnetic grill, plus a clear finish. This does increase the cost by $1,000 over the standard cabinets. We can leave the black satin baffle in place which would save some cost but most customers prefer to have a face veneer.

rawhit

« Reply #24 on: 17 Jun 2012, 03:04 pm »
Hi Rick,
   does the cost of custom cabinets with stacked birch ply include veneer also? Does 'clear finish' mean it would be bare wood look with some light stain?
Also is shape of cabinets identical to parts express one or the front edges rounded like the one in Vortex's custom build thread.
Some pics/mockups would be great.
Thanks.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #25 on: 18 Jun 2012, 12:11 pm »
Hi Rick,
   does the cost of custom cabinets with stacked birch ply include veneer also? Does 'clear finish' mean it would be bare wood look with some light stain?
Also is shape of cabinets identical to parts express one or the front edges rounded like the one in Vortex's custom build thread.
Some pics/mockups would be great.
Thanks.

Adding a veneer to the stacked ply is possible but of course would add to the cost. The finish on the birch ply can be clear (no stain) or dyes can be added to change the color. The shape would be the same as the PE cabinet with 3/8" radius on the front vertical edges.