X-Voce vs. N3S Center?

bfs21

X-Voce vs. N3S Center?
« on: 10 Jun 2012, 05:37 pm »
Looking at upgrading the center channel, and am thinking about getting one of the X-Voce models on offer or building an N3S as a center. 

I am assuming they are probably quite similar, but wondering if anyone had any thoughts about potential differences.

I may pair with two N3 towers, so I'm assuming uniformity might be nice -- but the X-Voce deal Danny has on offer is almsot too good to pass up. 

cujobob

Re: X-Voce vs. N3S Center?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2012, 06:24 pm »
I'd go with N3s and I'm a deal whore myself... Keep with the same sound and drivers. They're fantastic speakers and will have better quality parts.

Ron

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2012, 08:10 pm »
  I agree with Cujobob that the N3S would be the better choice, especially if you plan to pair with the N3 TL towers. Also, if you go with the N3S and N3 TL's I highly recommend the Sonicap/ Mills and No-Rez performance upgrades too.

cujobob

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2012, 11:41 pm »
Since its a center channel I would definitely recommend at least the No Rez if I can piggy back on Ron's comment.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2012, 11:22 am »
I have the x-cs encore which I think uses the same drivers as the x voce (with no re rez and cap upgrades) and I have sealed N3s that I use as mains.  The N3s have better clarity imo.

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2012, 02:25 pm »
I am giving those X-Voce away right now. And if you were using or going to use the X-Statik's as mains then I would definitely use an X-Voce.

But if you are going to go for N3 mains then build a matching N3S as a center channel.