What is The Animatrix?

bob82274

What is The Animatrix?
« on: 6 Feb 2003, 04:01 am »
TheMatrix.com just realesed the first of the four free films out of the nine total.  Its 9 mins long and it is great.  The Animatrix will be released this summer with all 9 films but they are releasing 4 of the films on the web.  They are the prequel to the three live action movies.  

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/index_anime.html

Give your impressions

Woodsea

What is The Animatrix?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2003, 04:28 am »
The animation was really quite good.  Decent story line, similar in some respects to 'I, Robot' by Asimov.  It will be interesting to watch how the meat of the story plays out.
 :thumb:

Brandon B

What is The Animatrix?
« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2003, 07:16 pm »
Unfortunately, nno one can be told what the Animatrix is.  The only way for them to understand is to be shown.  Are you sure your ready?

;)

massappeal85

What is The Animatrix?
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2003, 06:10 pm »
*Takes pill*

I'm ready!

Woodsea

bob82274

What is The Animatrix?
« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2003, 02:08 am »
Thanks for the heads up!  I was thinking it was going to come out later this month so I hadn't bothered to check it!

bubba966

What is The Animatrix?
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2003, 01:33 am »
Just picked up The Animatrix on DVD.

Have only watched Final Flight Of The Osiris & part of The Second Renaissance Part I.

:mrgreen:

I wish that all 9 shorts were done by Square. The Final Flight Of The Osiris looks so damn cool (and sounds pretty good as well) that it woulda been awesome if they'd animated them all like that.

But I bet that would have cost a lot of $. It cost Square $137,000,000 to produce Final Fantasy, so doing 90 minutes of Animatrix shorts would have probably been in the same ballpark.

bob82274

What is The Animatrix?
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2003, 10:28 pm »
Ah yes another one that I'll be adding to my list of movies to get....

bob82274

What is The Animatrix?
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2003, 11:08 pm »
And I just did.... Osiris was awesome and I am going through the rest now.

Ferdi

What is The Animatrix?
« Reply #9 on: 1 Jul 2003, 10:04 pm »
Received my copy of Animatrix DVD today and wathced the whole thing. Thought provoking shorts. In ways more involving than The Matrix, the movie.

Cool idea to extend the concept of the movie in this way.

Ferdi

bob82274

What is The Animatrix?
« Reply #10 on: 2 Jul 2003, 12:12 am »
I really liked how some told some of the story that was good to know for the movies and some others that just fleshed out the whole world.  I really like Detective Story as I really like Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop) but I also have a thing for Alice and Wonderland.  There were some subtle things in there that if you weren't familiar with Alice that you wouldn't get (such as the cat).

donutman

What is The Animatrix?
« Reply #11 on: 4 Aug 2003, 07:33 pm »
Actually, it would probably be quite a bit cheaper to produce 90 minutes today, than when final fantasy was created. Technology leaps, and gets cheaper in the process.