miracle

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
miracle
« on: 26 May 2004, 05:33 am »
O.K. I know that hockey is the ugly step child of the big four (I'm reluctantly including NASCAR). But I'm suprized that the movie didn't even earn a comment around here.

If you didn't see it you are missing something special. Not only is it a true story about probably the greatest sports achievement in U.S. history, but the unique problems facing the film makers and the lengths they went to in honoring the story would probably be of interest to most film buffs.

I really like the music which seems to fortify the drama well.

Puck; anyone?

pjchappy

miracle
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2004, 05:35 am »
I really liked it. . .

p

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
miracle
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2004, 06:05 am »
It got some mention...you just gotta scroll a little further down the page! :lol:

tull skull

miracle
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2004, 07:19 am »
my  apology to you Rob  :oops: I swear I checked for days and saw nothing. Ya just had to sneek that in there on me when I wasn't lookin'!

My kids insisted we get the dvd the day it was offered and it was worth it. The behind the scenes stuff is really good. They shot over a million feet of film. Guess the editors had to earn their money on this one! We were able to see the movie at the "El Capitan", in Hollywood. That is where the movie premiered. They had lots of really nice extra displays in the theatre. I guess you could say that they turned it into a mini museum for the film and also the hockey team themselves. It was really a neat experience and the staff there are the best. They went way out of their way to remind you "how it used to be".

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
miracle
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2004, 10:48 am »
Yeah, fantastic movie with tons of great extras.  It's amazing to see the way the film was cast (with all of 'em being skilled hockey players first, actors second- including the real life son playing his father).

To anyone who missed this one in the theater, do yourself a favor and pick up the DVD.  You'll be glad you did.

mca

miracle
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2004, 03:28 pm »
I rented it because I was not expecting much, never even got to watch the extras. I ended up really liking it, so now I'm going to have to buy it!

tull skull

miracle
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2004, 07:03 am »
well my kids have watched the movie every day since we bought it. I  have to say that this is just a special film. I'm not sure what exactly I mean by that, except that when they are watching something like "That thing you do" or "Remember the Titans", I can lose myself in the story even though I've seen it many, many times. Maybe that's simply a testament to my simple-mindedness. I get just as easily "lost" in this. Since it's about hockey does make it easier, but loving hockey actually works against most hockey movies because the on ice action is so poor.

I will admit that I'm the type of guy that can have quite emotional reactions to music and the music in this film has me getting "choked up". Did anyone else think the music was anything special?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
miracle
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2004, 07:53 am »
I thought the on-ice stuff was amazing, albiet shot in a different way.  I'm also a hockey fan.  All the actors were skilled ex-hockey players, and I thought that lent some authenticity to the film.

The music was great, too.  This film may not have been a big hit, but it deserved to be.