Where to get vinyl in DE?

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
Where to get vinyl in DE?
« on: 4 Jun 2012, 03:09 pm »
I'm heading down to Lewes, DE for a 2 week consulting gig, is there anywhere I can shop for vinyl in DE? :scratch:

strider

Re: Where to get vinyl in DE?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2012, 03:22 pm »
There used to be a decent music store just above the Maryland line on Coastal Highway in Fenwick Island, damn if I can remember the name, though. May be a bit far to drive just based on a (somewhat foggy) memory.

I'll try and come up with some more info for you.

etcarroll

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2012, 03:58 pm »
Thanks. I have to drive now as it is, 1:45 to Allentown or 2 hours to Silver Spring to get vinyl.

strider

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2012, 07:58 pm »
Didn't find what I was thinking of yet, but came across this place that looks intriguing.

http://www.rainbow-online.com/

What part of PA are you in?

etcarroll

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2012, 08:45 pm »
SE PA, I'm about 30 minutes from Newark, DE, I've been to Rainbow, not really a huge selection.

But thanks for trying.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2012, 09:21 pm »
Thanks. I have to drive now as it is, 1:45 to Allentown or 2 hours to Silver Spring to get vinyl.

Nothing in Balmer?

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #6 on: 5 Jun 2012, 03:31 am »

Uhmmm, have you been to Philadelphia?  Repo Records on South Street is my favorite, but a little on the small side, however I love their selections.  Living in S. Jersey I stop at a couple of the Tunes stores, excellent selection of used, fair on new, the best store is the Rt 73 one, with the Rt 42 coming in second for vinyl.  AKA Music is the biggest on N 2nd St., great selection.  Long in the Tooth is pretty decent, over on Sansom.  I haven't been to Tequila Sunrise on Girard, but have heard (read) good things about them.  Why do you think you have to drive to Allentown?

PS, here's a good article, can't vouch for all the stores mentioned:
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/top-lists/best-record-shops-in-philadelphia/

PSS Sorry for the derail, I know you were asking about Delaware, but I couldn't let you drive to Silver Springs again without saying something.