FS: Mytek DAC - DSD Capable!!

JDUBS

FS: Mytek DAC - DSD Capable!!
« on: 3 Jun 2012, 10:30 pm »
Hey All

Getting out of the audio game for a (little?) while. Selling off most of my stuff.

This is the best DAC around for the money and one of the VERY FEW that can play DSD natively!

I only used this DAC for testing purposes (bought brand new ~2 months ago) and it is, for all purposes, like brand new both cosmetically and functionally.

Will come with all original packaging materials.  $1375 OBO.

Thanks for looking,
Jim

firedog

Re: FS: Mytek DAC - DSD Capable!!
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2012, 02:42 pm »
Too bad I just bought one new a week ago. I would've definitely gone for this.
You'll never get anything better or with more features at this price.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2012, 04:21 pm »
Too bad I just bought one new a week ago. I would've definitely gone for this.
You'll never get anything better or with more features at this price.

I'm waiting to see a review in the hi-rez music circle.  Ted B promised one on the Mytek and Meitner.  If you want to do a review and post your thoughts, I'm sure many would welcome it.  It's nice to see information on people who have used it and what they use it with and what they used prior.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2012, 05:39 pm »
Jim,
I added this link to the Mytek thread over on CA, too, in case any traffic over there.  Michal just released a huge update so there is quite a bit of chatter.  good timing, maybe.

Phil, yes I'm sorry.  I need to get these reviews done!!! :oops: :duh:

JDUBS

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2012, 07:13 pm »
Jim,
I added this link to the Mytek thread over on CA, too, in case any traffic over there.  Michal just released a huge update so there is quite a bit of chatter.  good timing, maybe.

Thanks Ted!  :thumb:

If you want native DSD (a, finally, growing format)...there are few options.  This is one of the best and just happens to be the most inexpensive.

-Jim

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2012, 07:23 pm »
Phil, yes I'm sorry.  I need to get these reviews done!!! :oops: :duh:

Yes - otherwise we may sentence you to listen to 128bit MP3s for the next year :green:  I am still far behind getting to digitize stuff (I have a bunch of CD quality files in WMA lossless that I did for my old Zune player and bought the WD media player a couple of years back since it said it was WMA compatible - they kind of lied - after digitizing these things for a year I read the fine print and it gives you software to convert it to MP3s and even though the MP3s were at 320bps they only playback at 128 - I listened to two cuts and gave the unit to a friend of mine).  I do look at Craigslist a couple of times a week and if I see a local sale of a unit that could have the proper firmware, I send an E-Mail.  I'll snag one at some point.  In the meantime information doesn't hurt.

JDUBS

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jun 2012, 08:42 pm »
Guys, just to clarify, this is the silver preamp model.  A nice feature, and how I was using it, was direct out to my amp.  It has RCA and balanced (XLR) outs, so very flexible.

in addition, the volume control is switchable between:

1) Analog
2) Digital
3) Bypassed

It is also remote control-able.  Really awesome stuff! 

-Jim

InfernoSTi

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun 2012, 03:21 am »
If I had the $$$ right now, I'd buy this DSD DAC today! I really would love to have it in the system...I have recently started looking into DSD playback and think it holds real promise for high res audio.  Good luck with your sale! 

Best,
John

JDUBS

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2012, 04:11 pm »
SOLD!!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #9 on: 10 Jun 2012, 04:20 pm »
Great, did my audio buddy Ken buy it?

JDUBS

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2012, 07:05 pm »
Great, did my audio buddy Ken buy it?

The buyer was indeed "a" Ken.  Thanks Ted!

-Jim