You can play HD-DVD movies NOW!!!

Marbles

« on: 26 May 2004, 03:02 am »
http://www.wmvhd.com/

They have several, just hook your computer up to your TV....
Send the audio to your pre/pro and you are set to go..

bob82274

« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2004, 05:20 am »
I'v been watching these for quite a while now... well the trailers anyway though I do have that version of T2.  Running even the 720p takes a pretty solid machine.  I think the specs are 2GHz plus 64MB graphics card.  My computer barely meets the minimum specs for the 1080p.  It runs pretty well but it can get bogged down in certain spots.  If you can run the movies though I highly reccommend it.  There is some really nice stuff.  I personally plan on purchasing Step into Liquid soon just for the HD transfer.  

Since these are large downloads here are my reccomendations for the trailers:

Step into Liquid
Dust to Glory
Coral Reef Adventure
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

You can't go wrong with any of them but if you only have a limited amount of space go with these.

sbcgroup1

Computer HD
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2004, 05:07 pm »
First off, this is a good idea, but...

1. I hate Microsoft Windows. It is totally unstable and I wouldn't trust it in my A/V system as a movie originator centerpiece. My wife hates it even more after the myriad system repairs and re-builds she's done.

2. Any Microsoft software run on Linux or Mac systems (in this case Media Player HD or whatever) always has a quirk to it.

3. A solution would be to download those HD Media Player files, find a codec to transfer them into MPEG-2 format and burn them on to DVD media. Then I'll play them in my DVD player and when HD DVD machines come out, it will look even better. Why the hell DVD players still output at 480 in today's day and age is still a goddamn mystery to me. Plus the 1080i everyone's touting isn't either!! Let's go for the 1080p already. What's the holdup? Right now I'm de-interlacing with an outboard scaler.

I'm sure you guys share in my frustrations.....

Later-

-Ed

Smeggy

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2004, 05:21 pm »
Windows unstable?!?!? Wash your mouth out with soap!  :wink:  :lol:

wshuff

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2004, 05:22 am »
No, it's true, Windows is unstable.  It also has a drinking problem and I hear its cheating on its wife.

WerTicus

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2004, 01:40 pm »
meh xp isnt so bad... 98 was unstable and 2000 was great
with the sevice packs

dont bye cheap pc parts and you'll find its okay

also dont forget to mod the power supply :)

Ears

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2004, 11:57 am »
Supposedly, the upcoming Bravo d3 dvd player will play these movies, but who wants a phone line hooked to there dvd player.

Smells of Divx....all over again imo.